Image Dynamics CTX65CS - Image Dynamics 6.5"

have them installed since about a week. Door are deadened , tweeters in a pillar, woofer bottom of door, angled. The distance between the two doesn't really affect me since the imaging still is good.

So far, the midbass really impress me. I used to high pass my cdt cl-6 at around 120hz @ 300 watt. The ctx65cs does the job down to 80hz!!! the midbass is beefy and play nice. Mids are comparable to the cdt set, a little smoother with then cl-6 and a little quieter... but it's loud anyway

Tweeters is a bit of a deception. First thing, it's not as smooth as I tough it would be. I did some cut around 6k with my eqs. I just can't get want i loved so much about the cdt-tw25. It was so much smoother and much more detailed. I'm thinking about keeping the midbass and swapping the tweeter but got few questions...

-What is the ctx65cs included crossover Crossed at? i know it's a 6db sloppe but where? 3k or lower?

-Would it be ok if i swapped the crossover too for the one that come with vc-100 set ? (12db sloppe @3k)

I'll still try to give it some playing time , maybe crossover do break in... vc-100 are well known to get better with time.

BTW they are off-axis , pointing at the windshild in a pillar. I would like to try the tw-25 with the midbass of the ctx65cs but just don't want to blow anything with bad crossing point

thank you

The set got me interrested in Id subwoofer btw, they must sound awesome!

the left tweeter was out of phase... it sound so much more detailed now ! Loving them now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

So after two months of use, im having mix feelings. I like the speakers, they were definitely better than some Focals i replaced. But ive been driving my g.f Stock camry LE and her sound system sounds alot better than mine. Anyone know why this could be, ive spent a lot of money on car audio and its disappointing to be hearing paper stock speakers with tiny magnets sound 10x better than my setup.

Ive dynamatted and used ensolite foam on top of it in my whole cab (2005 Tacoma) ive even added the Imprint onto to my W505. Still no difference. Heres where my system lacks. MIDBASS, after ever system upgrade my setups have always lacked MIDBASS, anyone know what i could do about this... I was told this speakers have great midbass, but they just sound so flat at times. Especially in the floor toms and toms. My g.f.'s camry has nice rich warm midbass to all her music, doesnt matter how shitty the quality is either. But im not sure why all my systems lack in the midbass.

Should i place anything behind the speaker? Ive used two layers of dynamat on both doors. I cant add anymore as my door panel wont be able to clip back on to the door.

Any help would be appreciated.

Is your crossover on fullrange or hipass filter? you will want to have it on fullrange. If your saying all your systems lack midbass im sure it is in your settings and not the speakers. I have the same comps and the midbass is anything but lacking.

Is your crossover on fullrange or hipass filter? you will want to have it on fullrange. If your saying all your systems lack midbass im sure it is in your settings and not the speakers. I have the same comps and the midbass is anything but lacking.
By Crossover do you mean the speakers crossover?

Or my amp? I have the HPF off on my amps.

What genre of music do you mostly listen to? This components sound really good with rap/hip hop but not so well with my other music.

Also in the cross over for the speakers theres these two switches, did any of you guys mess with those? I think was something with the db's? Not sure though. Is that just for the tweeter?

there's only 3 jumpers for the tweeters that's all
I love the midbass from them mainly at high level...

What kinda of car do you have them in, and are you doors deadened.

I really like them, but in the percussion they sound so flat, i don't get that nice warm tom sound.

door of an accent 99, deadened. It's instal on an angled baffle so the woofer is a little more on-axis.

Like i said, the midbass feel weak at low level. I've had anice subtile little boost @ 125hz.

They really shine once you get the power at a high level (powering mine with 300watt), they hit real sharp and loud

hey kicker,

I can totally sympathize with you, as I've put in a lot of money into this system only to have it sound worse than most stock systems. I, too, still have the lack of midbass issue just like you. I hope you (or those guys that did your system) figure out what the problem is.

keep this in mind, the factory speakers are playing more then just midbass when installed by the factory. they are also trying to play the low freqs. so what you may think is "midbass" could be the low freqs trying to play through the speakers too.

keep this in mind, the factory speakers are playing more then just midbass when installed by the factory. they are also trying to play the low freqs. so what you may think is "midbass" could be the low freqs trying to play through the speakers too.
Not to mention the factory speakers at rated pretty low on the RMS side and don't require a lot to get moving, to where aftermarket speakers take usually 50rms in most cases and up.

I just took my 720c's out to sell and put my car back to factory and have more bass in my factory speakers, but don't sound no where near as good. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

Sometimes what you are thinking might be bass when turned up high on the factory is distortion.

It *****, but give those ID's some well deadened doors with no big gaping holes in the doors (meaning seal the holes with some metal then deaden over that to completely seal it off.) Then give them at least 100rms each side and should be golden!

If not getting the midbass then, obviously something is wrong with the wiring job somewhere down the line.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.