break in smell?

I set them, gains down, no clipping and under the max rms, its a ported box, they arent bottoming out or anything else. Sounds pretty **** good actually but its that smell similar to burnt coils but not quite the same i dont think. just rather be safe than sorry.

I set them, gains down, no clipping and under the max rms, its a ported box, they arent bottoming out or anything else. Sounds pretty **** good actually but its that smell similar to burnt coils but not quite the same i dont think. just rather be safe than sorry.
What do you mean gains down? You can't just set the gain wherever you feel like...that's not how it works

I think he means the gains arent maxed
Well there's still a lot of play between the gain being set at 0 and it being maxed. It doesn't have to be maxed out to clip.

hu puts out 6.5v and its set to 4v which is the lowest, bass boost is off too
The gain is set at 4v? And that is at the very minimum, as in the gain is set to 0?

theres a difference btwn the glue smell at break in and burnt coils... experience is the only thing thats gunna help you tell the difference lol.

id say if you dont hear any distortion, play them at a good volume so they're bumpin and start backing off the gain from there. you probably wont hear much of a difference as you start slowly turning the gain down, but it might be just a tad bit to high...

also, why not just set the HU to 6.5v and back the gain down on the amp more? im guessing mids/ highs are running off the HU?

theres a difference btwn the glue smell at break in and burnt coils... experience is the only thing thats gunna help you tell the difference lol.
id say if you dont hear any distortion, play them at a good volume so they're bumpin and start backing off the gain from there. you probably wont hear much of a difference as you start slowly turning the gain down, but it might be just a tad bit to high...

also, why not just set the HU to 6.5v and back the gain down on the amp more? im guessing mids/ highs are running off the HU?
yes mids and highs on the hu but everythin on the amp is turned to off. the HU drives the amp pretty loud

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.