Im stumped on whats wrong! help

Participant count
  • Participant list
Bump! Ok I'm thinking from these responses I have these subs wired wrong. In the diagram I poseted it shows which positive and negative to go to but does not Show which voice coil is which. Like on the pic of sub 2 it shows a wire going from a pos to a neg on the same sub. Is that going from voice coil 1 pos to voice coil 1 neg? Or Voice coil 1 pos to voice coil 2 neg? I'm thinking I got these backwards. Any help is appriciated!

The coils' terminals are grouped together in that diagram. As in, the two terminals on the right are one coil and the two terminals on the left are the other coil.

Not to doubt you, but can you confirm your subs are Dual 2 ohm and the final load you want on the amp is 2 ohms?

Little update, I finally had some free time to play around with this last night. Decided for kicks and giggles to wire just one sub to the amp and see what happened. Exact same outcome, hardly any sound/bass comming from it. I started un attaching and re attaching a bunch of leads trying to see if anything made a difference. The only thing different was when I was reattaching my power wire to the amp it sparked at me once and when it did my protection light on my amp went on immedatly just for a split second while it sparked. I'm hoping there is an issue with where I have the amp grounded. That is the only thing I havent tried changing yet, gonna try a few different spots when I get home and see what happens. If its not that I'm afraid there may be a problem with the amp itself. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

DO NOT put your power wire in the amp when it's live, that arc didn't seem like a bad omen to you? You can seriously damage amps that way.

And I wasn't asking for the data sheets on your equipment I was asking you to verify the subs you have (I verified the amp runs at 2 ohm). But those subs come in a dual 2 ohm version and a dual 4 ohm version, depending on which you have it will change how much power they're seeing (because it affects the impedance). So once again, confirm that the subs are dual 2, either by double checking where you bought them (your receipt) or better yet, look at the actual subs and make sure they say "Dual 2" or something similar.

DO NOT put your power wire in the amp when it's liveQUOTE]
Yea, not gonna do that again. I was getting overly frustrated and just started reattaching connections to see if any were bad. Hopefully tonight if I cant get these suckers going I can at least figure out WTF the problem is.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.