I'm really worried about my head unit!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

bass_master
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I bought some preety cheap sound gear the other day which consists of 2x 6.5" subs, 2x 1" tweeters, some 4" two ways and a pair of 3-way crossovers. I already had a pair of 6.5" JBL's and the whole system runs of the headunit which is a 4x40W Philips. The headunit got really hot while i was testing it all out which I didn't think was doing it a lot of good. Does this mean i should get a amp? Also i think one of the subs has a rip in the membrain, is there a way of fixing this? Any help on this would be great. Thanks

If you get it replaced or use slicone and some paper. Just wipe the silicone on the rip then stick the paper on it then cover with one more layer of silicone. Like patching a wall.

cool!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Can I just use ordinary paper or should I use tougher stuff? Can the silicon gel be bought from local hardwhere store or is it special stuff? Does the paper get stuck on the front or back of the speaker? Should I repeat the process on the other speaker so that there is no difference in sound? Sorry about all the questions! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Your help has been greatly appreciated.

hey man it's just a fix. not like new. yea note book paper. rub the silicone on the hole put a tiny paper patch for the next silicone layer to bond an cover the hole. The cover with the second layer of silicone. Clear silicone caulk from your hardware store.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.