I'm looking for a SQL system

Participant count
  • Participant list

ASPECT_LA

Hey I'm a noob to this subwoofer game, but I want something that sounds clear and loud.I'm thinking about getting 6 10 ssa icons in a sealed enclosure not to sure about the amp yet.My budget is $2000 max for subs.i was also wondering what are other good sql subwoofers.another thing spaceis no issue I have a minivan plenty of space.I am very universal when it comes to music: heavy metal, rap, hip hop, reggae, techno, and anything else

Sundown and Incriminator both make good SQL woofers. I don't know what your budget is for your amps but I'd do 2 Soundqubed Q1-3500, they're rated at 4300 at 1 ohm. 3 subs per amp. They cost 799 shipped, can buy them from SSA too.

I still haven't upgrade my electrical because I wasn't too get the subs and amp first then ask the other good stuff. I just thought 18s wouldn't sound clear with metal music.

I listen to metal as well and run 15s in my truck. They and the 18s will do only as good as your box and whole build. Ie. electrical. Install and so on will allow

y not 6 md or hd tantrics. they are awesome sql subs. surprised mylows hasn't suggested them. a good ported box can sound awesome for metal and still allow low end extension for rap and hip hop. 9 times out of 10 the enclosures the deciding factor in the sound.

The ICONs are great subs. I think you would love anything made by SSA for your goals. I don't think you should limit yourself to a sealed enclosure though simply because you get a lot more output from ported

2 18s would be slightly more cone area and you would likely have less cancellation and other things to worry about. Why not a pair of Evil 18s? Shoot, maybe even a single DDZ 18 or 21 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Also, check out the B&C 21.. It's more of a home theater sub but I think a pair of them may fit your goals nicely

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.