Im finna get a new system i need help

Participant count
  • Participant list

pcchris
10+ year member

Okay a guy at the flea told me he could hook me up with a boss 1200 amp for 100 and 2 q-power 15's for $80

do q-powers knock?

im in a burban so i guess any speaker would do good since its open space and i have an 8" home theater sub in there hooked to a highs that gave clean bass

and in a burban should i port the box?

should i stuff it?

or leave it sealed off i see alot of my friends use sealed boxes but i think ports add more boom

and how many woofers should i buy 2 or 4 cuz

cuz my friend had 2 quantum audio cozmik series bieng pushed by 1 jl 500/1 and then he had added 2 more being pushed by 2 jl 500/1's and it seemed to knock stronger with just 2 in his altima (then he blew them with his PA-Big bang amp)

but what im trying to say is in a burban 2 or 4 and is q-power speaker good and will a boss 1200 2 ch be able to push them

oh and another guy at a pawn shop said i shouldnt wire them in parallel in a suburban i should go with series and bridge them cuz the burban has to much airspace and something about the woofers may blow from being in open space???

nvm i dont get it either

so if i do have to wire them in series do i go ahead and series and bridge or wire each speaker to its own channel on the amp

sorry for the long post

and will i need a cap? cuz i cant afford a battery so that out the ? and should i put a cap on should i throw my highs amp on the same line with the bigger boss amp

Okay a guy at the flea told me he could hook me up with a boss 1200 amp for 100 and 2 q-power 15's for $80
do q-powers knock?

im in a burban so i guess any speaker would do good since its open space and i have an 8" home theater sub in there hooked to a highs that gave clean bass

and in a burban should i port the box?

should i stuff it?

or leave it sealed off i see alot of my friends use sealed boxes but i think ports add more boom

and how many woofers should i buy 2 or 4 cuz

cuz my friend had 2 quantum audio cozmik series bieng pushed by 1 jl 500/1 and then he had added 2 more being pushed by 2 jl 500/1's and it seemed to knock stronger with just 2 in his altima (then he blew them with his PA-Big bang amp)

but what im trying to say is in a burban 2 or 4 and is q-power speaker good and will a boss 1200 2 ch be able to push them

oh and another guy at a pawn shop said i shouldnt wire them in parallel in a suburban i should go with series and bridge them cuz the burban has to much airspace and something about the woofers may blow from being in open space???

nvm i dont get it either

so if i do have to wire them in series do i go ahead and series and bridge or wire each speaker to its own channel on the amp

sorry for the long post

and will i need a cap? cuz i cant afford a battery so that out the ? and should i put a cap on should i throw my highs amp on the same line with the bigger boss amp
wow, where to start //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif umm.. i dont even know man

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.