I'm confused: bought a volt meter, which battery?

Participant count
  • Participant list

punch
10+ year member

Ok, i bought a stinger digital voltage meter, which will be installed in the centre console of my car....

I will be running a dual battery set-up, with regulator, should I be watching the voltage of the amps battery? the cars main battery, or will this watch both of them anyway????

The voltage should read close to the same at both points. The long power wire has resistance, so there will be a slight difference in voltage when measured at either end.

The questions is, what do you care about? The voltage your amps are getting, or the voltage your car is getting? Answer that question, and you'll know where to put the voltmeter. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The voltage should read close to the same at both points. The long power wire has resistance, so there will be a slight difference in voltage when measured at either end.
The questions is, what do you care about? The voltage your amps are getting, or the voltage your car is getting? Answer that question, and you'll know where to put the voltmeter. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
ah good point, i wanna make sure I don't drain the main battery and leave myself stranded, but wouldn't the battery isolator do that? so hmmm maybe I want to watch the amps power then??? hmm maybe I should have bought 2 meters!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.