Im a friggin idiot... need help

Well anyways a few months ago i accidentall touched the amp cover with the power cable and it sparked... after that i had to turn the gain from 1/4 to 3/4 to get the same output voltage. Anyways i added a amp and replaced that amp a few weeks ago and on both amps i had to turn the gain over halfway up when its usually around 1/4-1/3 (preamps are 4v). So i messed up the headunit, not the amp when i did that.

my question is, am i damaging the amps by having the gain so high ( i set the gain using a multimeter)? I assume im not because the headunit is just sending a weaker signal through the RCAs, right?

touching 12 volts to ground shouldn't hurt anything at all. I've arc'd my battery banks a couple of times and it makes a big spark but unless you held it down for a couple of minutes its not gonna hurt anything.

Make sure you didn't break an rca end and that the rca connections are good, also check all settings on the radio...doesn't sound like it hurt anything imo

i didnt touch the ground, i touched the metal part on the outside of my amp. My guess is it sent a lot of current throught the rcas or remote turn on and ****ed somethin up in the hu

i didnt touch the ground, i touched the metal part on the outside of my amp. My guess is it sent a lot of current throught the rcas or remote turn on and ****ed somethin up in the hu
Many times, the amp's chassis IS the amp ground. Take your multimeter and measure the resistance between the ground terminal and the outer part of the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.