If I have half the amount of watts can I still will

fi makes amazing subs.

the btl is an all out spl machine. it is loud. it does not play music. it playes tones.

the FI "Q" series sub is for the people who want to listen to loud rap music and have it not sound like ass. if you want to win a car stereo comp, you use fi btl.

if you drive your car, and listen to music at the same time you will need something that will be "musical" in a sub. if that can even be interperated in a way to be understood correctly,

do you plan on buying some better 6by9's for the rear, and doors ?

or do you just want to run stock speakers in the dash / doors and have only bass playing 25 times louder than any words of the music ?

if you upgrade in 1 area only - then other areas suffer.

I can and only will recomend to you building a box that is sealed for what ever subs you end up with. it is verry eazy to mess up the port on vented enclosures, and it makes a ton of diffrence. its hard to mess up a sealed box. - but it does have to be the right amount of internal air space for your specific individual sub. each one is diffrent.

no store bought box is ever going to fit a sub exactly how the sub wants to be fitted for its internal volume and or port.

so keep that in mind.

car stereo is a whole thing. not just subs in boxes in the trunk.

if you do one, you will eventually have to do it all.

dive in and read up. you will learn a ton if you are realley intrested in it.

The best way to learn is to read ask questions and experiment. Here are some tutorials you can read from JL's sight to get you started. Also don't worry about people on here talking about real system's. Half don't know what they are talking about and the other half have forgot what it is like when you first start off. Not every one can start out as Audio Godlike as them.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=141

fi makes amazing subs.
the btl is an all out spl machine. it is loud. it does not play music. it playes tones.

the FI "Q" series sub is for the people who want to listen to loud rap music and have it not sound like ass. if you want to win a car stereo comp, you use fi btl.

if you drive your car, and listen to music at the same time you will need something that will be "musical" in a sub. if that can even be interperated in a way to be understood correctly,

or do you just want to run stock speakers in the dash / doors and have only bass playing 25 times louder than any words of the music ?

I can and only will recomend to you building a box that is sealed for what ever subs you end up with. it is verry eazy to mess up the port on vented enclosures, and it makes a ton of diffrence. its hard to mess up a sealed box. - but it does have to be the right amount of internal air space for your specific individual sub. each one is diffrent.

no store bought box is ever going to fit a sub exactly how the sub wants to be fitted for its internal volume and or port.

so keep that in mind.

isn't the btl similar to the mt? Mt plays music just fine.

op theres nothing wrong with Kicker.

fi makes amazing subs.

why does everyone leave out the BL

fi makes amazing subs.

so keep that in mind.

he tells the truth...i put three subs in a grand prix with stock speakers and its the se so it doesn't have the tweets or anything built it and doesn't have the 5.25s by the 6x9s or whatever they are in the rear deck and all i could here was bass...i wanted to here the music too....so now its time to upgrade speakers all around for SQ!....or maybe three subs is just too many for a grand prix:crap:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.