If I have half the amount of watts can I still will

rookanga
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
flint, MI
I have two 15" kicker cvr's powered by a us amp MD2D (1800 watts) vs. 2 15'' Pyle 2000 Watt Aluminum Die-Cast Dryver Subwoofer and 1, 2 Channel 4000 Watt High Power MOSFET Amplifier. Half the amount of watts but I've heard the pyle is a really bad company to buy from. But my friend said put my subs away and don't get embarresed. Just wondering who would win (we both bought are boxes and the amp will be maxed out) or am I in the right forum?

in all seriousness, install will make the difference, along with box design and build quality. setting the gains correctly will help also. too many variables. that is the reason some guys can bump nice with 500 rms, and others can make 1500 rms sound like ass.

Place a bet with him about who will win. when you win take that money and pay for some more english classes at school........THEN BUY A REALLY SYSTEM!

WHEN = WIN? I THINK NOT!

WILL = WIN? ALSO NO!

in all seriousness, install will make the difference, along with box design and build quality. setting the gains correctly will help also. too many variables. that is the reason some guys can bump nice with 500 rms, and others can make 1500 rms sound like ass.
very very very true

I understand that kicker and pyle would be frowned on this website, but the kicker is my first system so I couldn't do much, because I don't know enough about subs, amps, boxes deisigns, etc.

kickers not frowned upon..... pyles not too frowned upon either, until u mentioned the setup u both have.....heres the frown //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

i say bump for subs......then if you both dont know what ur doing, and depending on boxes, but if u have the same box, you will probly win......and when you win, take his subs, take ur subs, and both the amps, sell them on craigslist to some stupid ass and then buy a real system

kickers not frowned upon..... pyles not too frowned upon either, until u mentioned the setup u both have.....heres the frown //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
i say bump for subs......then if you both dont know what ur doing, and depending on boxes, but if u have the same box, you will probly win......and when you win, take his subs, take ur subs, and both the amps, sell them on craigslist to some stupid ass and then buy a real system
I understand that I need a real system, but for now it will do until I get more money. and another stupid question, what would be considered a real system (like subs, amps) (RE audio XXX, Fi BTL), and where would you learn how to build a box to optimize the sub that you are using? Not actually the size, but actually how to make it.

by yourself??..its really not that hard..its like a puzzle..you cut the pieces and put them together..(you will need wood glue,nails etc)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.