Need some help with my amp settings!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

boosted9-3

Ok need some advice. I have a 2003 Saab 9-3 Vector Sports Sedan with the factory head unit. I installed an Alpine MRP-500 class D amp pushing a single 12" Alpine type-R 4ohm DVC sub. I have it wired in parallel so it's running at 2 ohms. Which leads me to my question. On my amp I have three adjustments...

Gain, Db+, and LP filter. I've experimented a little with different configurations, but I just wanted some advise on what would probally work the best. I understand gain. How should I set the DB+ for louder, tighter bass. And on the low pass I really want to pick up a good low range. Right now it doesn't really pick up low bass that good. I want to change that. Should I go more towards 120Hz or more towards 50Hz to really let it play the full capabilty of the subs low range? Thanks for the help! Oh and last two questions. Would a capacitor or a line driver be worth the money?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.