If amp 2 ohm ..what happens at 1 ohm?

peanut123
10+ year member

Buttcheeks
i have a rockford fosgate 1501bd that im using to run two dvc subs but my problem is that my subs are wired for either 1 ohm or 4 ohm and at 4 ohm that amp is only 750 rms and at 2 ohm its at 1500..what will happen if i keep it at 1 ohm

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blow_up.gif.f2a780e8b12ae09e264cb01720b8dca2.gif Seriously I Have'nt used the newer Rockford stuff but I would say it will not last long.

its not one of the new ones its the model that came out before the ones that are out right now ..its all grey with the rf logo in the middle that lights up blue

its not one of the new ones its the model that came out before the ones that are out right now ..its all grey with the rf logo in the middle that lights up blue
OK. I still wouldn't do it if you wanted to keep that amp a while. It won't last long.

It will play at 1ohm , I competed with mine playing at 1ohm for an entire season .

It will shut down easier though , and like stated before it will cut down the lifespan of the amp .

Mine is still running at 1ohm to this day in my sons car .....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.