4 channel amp to 4 4 ohm speaker

mxrider125

CarAudio.com Newbie
ca
Hey everyone,

My brain is fried right now trying to figure this ou and is probably a dumb qs. Anyway if I have a 4 channel amp rated for 250w at 2ohms x4 or 125w at 4ohms x4, I’m trying to wire my 4 4ohm KENWOOD 6x9 speakers at 4ohm impedance.. for the ratings on the amp is that implying I can just run each speaker to each channel and it would be at 4ohms across the board on each channel like I think It should? Or do I have to bridge for the 4ohms? Which doesn’t make sense in my head.. idk if I’m just dumb or overthinking it by a lot lol

Hey everyone,

My brain is fried right now trying to figure this ou and is probably a dumb qs. Anyway if I have a 4 channel amp rated for 250w at 2ohms x4 or 125w at 4ohms x4, I’m trying to wire my 4 4ohm KENWOOD 6x9 speakers at 4ohm impedance.. for the ratings on the amp is that implying I can just run each speaker to each channel and it would be at 4ohms across the board on each channel like I think It should? Or do I have to bridge for the 4ohms? Whicsh doesn’t make sense in my head.. idk if I’m just dumb or overthinking it by a lot lol
The ratings are always for each channel. So the channel will put out depending on the speaker you put to it.

Hey everyone,

My brain is fried right now trying to figure this ou and is probably a dumb qs. Anyway if I have a 4 channel amp rated for 250w at 2ohms x4 or 125w at 4ohms x4, I’m trying to wire my 4 4ohm KENWOOD 6x9 speakers at 4ohm impedance.. for the ratings on the amp is that implying I can just run each speaker to each channel and it would be at 4ohms across the board on each channel like I think It should? Or do I have to bridge for the 4ohms? Which doesn’t make sense in my head.. idk if I’m just dumb or overthinking it by a lot lol
You should be able to Google or research the amplifier manual specs to be able to print out or download to have your wiring diagrams and load configurations or @Kenwoods website?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...