2 Ohm woofers, 1 ohm amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list
There is no shame what so ever running @2 Ohms Mono. I have a pair of tens that will slamm and tear a roof up on 2k running @2 ohms. The properly tuned enclosure and the right amount of power in the right environment, 2 ohms mono will slamm its azz off. Everyone wants to run @1ohm or lower. Ive been there. I actually enjoy 2 ohm myself on daily.
Agreed. Plus there are efficiency gains from running 2 coils vs 1.

I'm only running 1 ohm because it's a bit pricey to run 3k @ 4 ohm 😂

If I'm remembering right...dropping the impedence to (4 ohm to 2 ohm etc) cuts the dampening factor in half as well...so there's a benefit to wiring up

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

Lowering the impedance will also lower the speakers motor control, or damping, in physics no free lunch exists. It’s all give and take.
What is the impedance of each set of terminals,assuming they represent each of the two dual voice coil subs (4 coils total)? How many sets of +/-...
Not all chargers are the same and charge and different rates. Any battery will deplete in that type of weather if you do not crank the vehicle for...
Brand new 210 shipped TECHNICAL INFORMATION OPERATION CLASSClass D NUMBER OF CHANNELS01 MAXIMUM POWER@ 12.6 VDC - 1 OHM: 3000W RMS @ 12.6 VDC -...
This is what I usually do before I put my main gear in. For my temp setups, Ill thrown in what I have close by out of my stash.

About this thread

TheoCowTown

CarAudio.com Newbie
TheoCowTown
Alberta
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from