iDMax vs FI Q

Which sub is overall better?

• FI Car Audio Q

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Image Dynamics iDMax

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters
^^ You did something wrong. You probably didn't think it was moving or anything because it was an 18, it's obviously not going to look like it moves as far as a 10 because of the cone size.
but OP, my vote is ID, even though I'm running Fi
Not only that, but you could barely hear it. My shallow 12 in a probox was louder b4 the extra power.

I agree. I had a Q and it wasn't all its hyped up to be IMO. Given it was an 18, it needed tons of power to do anything. Then when it got the power it blew up. Guess that's why all I hear about is Fi recones. By no means is it bad sounding, just not reliable. I have some old school w6s that wont quit and they sound just as good if not better. IMO
Recones have almost always to do with user abuse, improper gain settings, wrong/poor enclosures, or driving the speaker well past it's intended design. Reliability is not an issue with Fi in the slightest.

everyone thinks the Q is a SQ sub just because Fi says it is...
Seeing the incredible similarities to a prior sub woofer that was priced much higher and was touted as the greatest SQ sub woofer of all time on here, I find it hard to believe the Q is sound quality based only due to marketing...... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

all of you are so pathetic. first of all, T/S specs are NOT accurate. and second of all, its all about the install. to the audible ear with the same power, you are not going to hear a difference in "clarity".

goodness...

but on my vote, i choose the ID. Very well built drivers and i think the Q is very overrated. It's been the nuthugging Fi sub for quite some time.
Why is it over-rated? You say it like Fi subs aren't well built. lol. And I'm pretty sure the BTL is the line that everyone raves about most.

I agree. I had a Q and it wasn't all its hyped up to be IMO. Given it was an 18, it needed tons of power to do anything. Then when it got the power it blew up. Guess that's why all I hear about is Fi recones. By no means is it bad sounding, just not reliable. I have some old school w6s that wont quit and they sound just as good if not better. IMO
You definitely did something wrong and then blamed the driver. lol. You must have had a shitty ass box.

Seeing the incredible similarities to a prior sub woofer that was priced much higher and was touted as the greatest SQ sub woofer of all time on here, I find it hard to believe the Q is sound quality based only due to marketing...... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I SAY....if this sub is so amazing! Then someone should have been bought this blown 18 off me! But not the case either lol

Why is it over-rated? You say it like Fi subs aren't well built. lol. And I'm pretty sure the BTL is the line that everyone raves about most.

You definitely did something wrong and then blamed the driver. lol. You must have had a shitty ass box.
Idk what it was...maybe it was me. Nonetheless I won't buy another Fi sub for a while. Lol

no, they are just so high spoken of for being SQ subs. When it comes to sound quality, there is no significant difference that you can hear to the ear.

You can say that of any other SQ sub then. Its perception from the listeners. You may not be able to hear the difference but someone else can. I do agree with you because my ears aren't as sensitive and I'm happy they aren't sensitive but its still perception.

Fuck, people suck the nut sweat from any TC sounds sub for being the god of all SQ when they are nothing special. And the guys at Fi actually have said that the Q now isn't as geared toward SQ as it used to be, IIRC from chatroom comments with them.

for spl fi q

for sq idmax

ive heard fi q, nothing special about it, sounded just like an ssd just louder because it handles more watts

Now we are getting some good arguments! Thanks for all the input so far. Seems to be a lot closer than Boomsday said it would be. On DIYMA it was much more swayed to the ID, of course.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...