Terminal cups bad?? Do they melt?

yowhobedat
10+ year member

Im in the middle of makng my box, and i already attached a terminal cup. I read that they melt. Im running 1200watts rms. Should i take the cup out n seal it up with wood, or should i leave the cup in place and just not use it, or just use the cup?? Any suggestions would be appreciated befoe i seal the box up.

Ps - its my first box im making, its coming out pretty good lol

they can melt...but you would have to be passing alot of current through it, if you've already cut the hole use it, but i dont like to use them because they add resistance

Jtomsic, how is that hifonic amp for ur comps ?? I need an amp, n dont wanna spend 300 on it at the moment.

Would u suggest just not using the cup, and running the cable through the port?? Or make a hole in the box?

The. Cup is alreadi installed, i could jus not use it n go a different route. I want the most efficent solution

never had a terminal cup melt, not even the cheap ones. hell i was sending 2k through a little cheapie and the sub smoked (thermal failure) before the terminal had any issues whatsoever

i dont use anything smaller than 14..but for a sub i like to use 12 just because 10 is usually a single wire and you can get 12 paired together

i dont use anything smaller than 14..but for a sub i like to use 12 just because 10 is usually a single wire and you can get 12 paired together
what if ur running multiple coils and wires have to be ran a certain way...then you'll want a seperate wire.. i prefer atleast 10ga when running speak wire to subs.. im running 8 ga now.

The sub im getting is dual 2 ohms. N i have 8 gauge cable at my house. Should i just buy 12 gauge so i can wire them internally, cuz i doubt 8 would fitWat do u mean seperate runs?

Yea i know how to wire them. I meant, i dont think 2 8gaugE cable is going to fit into one terminal on the sub, because you have to connect 2 positives n 2 negatives together

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.