Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Image Dynamics iDMax

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

The_Grimy_One
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Phoenix, AZ
Ok, so me and Boomsday are having a debate and he says that the FI Q is much better than the iDMax. I have never heard an FI Q, so I am some what biased. But he has heard both. From what I have heard from an iDMax on only 500 watts, I totally feel the iDMax is superior to a sub like an FI Q. Qhat are your opinions?

FIGHT!

I have been running 1500watts to my FI Q for 6 months and the sub is just simply ******! Its as clean as anything I have heard and pounds seriously hard. I would have to hear it in person to halfway believe he IDMAX could compete with it.

I have been running 1500watts to my FI Q for 6 months and the sub is just simply ******! Its as clean as anything I have heard and pounds seriously hard. I would have to hear it in person to halfway believe he IDMAX could compete with it.
Ok, I respect your opinion. Thanks for your input.

My vote goes to the q. They are geared for sq and even tho the idmax is a good sounding sub it's aimed more towards output with it's high excursion capabilities.

My vote goes to the q. They are geared for sq and even tho the idmax is a good sounding sub it's aimed more towards output with it's high excursion capabilities.
Have you heard both of them? Just curious... I am getting my box built for my Alpha V1 right now.

This is a joke right?? Ide put the idmax up against the q any day in sq. If anything the q is geared more towards output. Look at the ts parameters of the q...

Have you heard both of them? Just curious... I am getting my box built for my Alpha V1 right now.
I know a guy that has a q and I can honestly say Its one of the prettiest sounding speakers I have heard. I HAD an idmax and it sounded good but nowhere near as good as that kids q. I have since sold the idmax

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

This is a joke right?? Ide put the idmax up against the q any day in sq. If anything the q is geared more towards output. Look at the ts parameters of the q...
Are you a joke? Lulz

I had a fi q 18 and an idmax 12. The idmax got really loud despite the smaller coil, but its not designed for that. On the same amount of power and in boxes tuned to 30, my vote goes to the idmax for sq and the q for sql. both sounded really good, and I would probably only side with the q because its cheaper to recone and im not a super sq guy. I like a little loud with my meal of flat response curves. Its all relative, but I would go with one or the other depending on the situation.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...