Ideas to Cover My Amps ??????????? THOUGHTS...........

Participant count
  • Participant list

nyg052003

Senior VIP Member
Trying to come up with some ideas to cover up my amps because of how they are mounted to my seat. Give me some thoughts and ideas ladies and gents........

got the system just about done with the exception of putting in the sub and firing it up, making adjustments. My rear seat that the amps are mounted on will now go up about half or a little more, maybe 3/4 close. I don't ride anyone on my side in the rear anyway so the seat can stay down all the time for most part but I do want to put something over the amps while I'm stopped for a period of time. I want something a little better than just a black towel lol. Also want to come up with an idea if I leave the seat up sometimes, I want to be able to have it secured to where it will stay still for the most part. I will take pics with it up as far as it will go and you guys can chime in on that part later. As for now I'm open to ideas to cover up the amps when I need to ..

Thanks

P.S.

Man it wasn't a bad install but routing everything under the carpet to hide was sort of a PITA lol but overall it wasn't bad. Just wanted to take my time and make sure I don't have to do anything over so my fingers are crossed I learned long time ago don't rush and mess something up that you will have to fix later

you can build a wooden 1/2 mdf rack and carpet over it and have some pc fans blowing from the side to keep amps cool.
well the amps are mounted to the seat already though. Unless you mean just something to lay over the amps?

I would want to be able to hide them though cause I will probably keep the seat down most of the time since it won't go all the way up with the 0 gauge wires running between the bottom of seats as it closes. I don't necessarily wana put a towel over it to hide though might do that temporarily.

how would the fans hook up

well the amps are mounted to the seat already though. Unless you mean just something to lay over the amps?
I would want to be able to hide them though cause I will probably keep the seat down most of the time since it won't go all the way up with the 0 gauge wires running between the bottom of seats as it closes. I don't necessarily wana put a towel over it to hide though might do that temporarily.

how would the fans hook up
Just something over it.

You can use a relay for the fans, fans are only needed if the amps get hot after putting the mdf cover over them, if they stay cool then its not needed. Just in case, here's a vid on remote relays.

Just something over it.
You can use a relay for the fans, fans are only needed if the amps get hot after putting the mdf cover over them, if they stay cool then its not needed. Just in case, here's a vid on remote relays.

cool, gotcha.

probably cut slots in the Mdf as well that will allow it to cool. Probably won't need the fans

Good/bad idea.

1st off, I would have put a piece of board or 2 over the back of the seat. This way, your not damaging the interior should you choose to sell the vehicle in the future.

As jeffdachef stated, make yourself a custom board with the cutouts that will reveal the amps, x-overs, distro block etc. Makes it a more stealthy install.

Good/bad idea.
1st off, I would have put a piece of board or 2 over the back of the seat. This way, your not damaging the interior should you choose to sell the vehicle in the future.

As jeffdachef stated, make yourself a custom board with the cutouts that will reveal the amps, x-overs, distro block etc. Makes it a more stealthy install.
bought the car in late 95, will never sell and if i do trust me it's in top shape interior and all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

under the carpet on seat is metal and amps are bolted down nicely and looks fine. I like the cutouts to make it look good but the very purpose of my questions is to hide it when i leave the car and parked somewhere. Will think of maybe a little door or something that can cover over amps when i need to . Might get someone to make for me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif :)

or just fold the seat up.
it will only go up about a 3/4 of the way now because of the three 0 guage wires running under the carpet then between the seats...

I mean I could figure out something in that regard to keep it up and more secure until i return to the car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Not sure how much you use your trunk, this is how I have one of my amps for now...though it's a small one:

You can also mount the amp on some MDF and place it in the trunk in front of the box.

looks nice. I don't use it a whole lot and even though in almost 20 years I havent really had to pull out my spare tire, i want to leave it accessible and have as little to take out as possible to get to it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I will probably just make something that I can put over the amp and maybe have a little door over the amps that I can close when need be. I will ponder over it and come up with something

Recessed plexi top over amps and such. with allenhead bolts to remove the plexi to get to the amps if need be.

I have done this before.

Recessed plexi top over amps and such. with allenhead bolts to remove the plexi to get to the amps if need be.
I have done this before.
but keep in mine my primary goal is to hide the amps with the seat down //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

it won't fold all the way up but was thinking of a way besides a bungie cord to keep it up if i wanted to in that position just say for whatever reason sometime. I don't think it will be that big of a deal though and a bungie should be ok to use. I might put a black eye bolt next to the hooks for the seat that locks the seat in and that way the bungie will be hooked much better than using wrapping around the hooks.

On another note, I have the Soundqubed hds310 D2 pushed by the Crescendo 1500.1 , 1500W @ 1 ohm mono. It doesn't even look like the sub is working hard at all lol. I have the system adjusted and set and I'm thinking I can go more but to be safe I will/might wait till i take it to a shop and put a dmm or meter on to make sure it won't be clipping as i turn up more. It sounds great now but if it can hit harder without clipping I definitely want more //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I have the gain on more than 1/4 but less than a half way turned up. Bass boost is about a 1/4 and sub level on HU is at 6( highest it would go).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.