Ideas of my setup

AlpineMustang

Wanting to know what you think of my setup and how it should sound, its not installed in my car yet.

2002 Mustang GT

X305S Alpine Head Unit

2 Alpine Type X 10's

2 Alpine PDX 1.1000's

Alpine Type R 6.5 components

1 Alpine PDX F4 4X100

Tsunami 10 farad capacitor

Optima Battery

O gauge wiring

Just wanting to know if anyone has put this setup in a mustang and how it turned out and how it sounded.

Thanks for the input

I'm going to guess you do just over a 140 on the TL at just over 40hz. I'm going to guess you have SEVERE voltage drops. I'm going to guess that you end up liking it but nobody else is impressed.

TL? I'm going to guess that you feel like you know it all so please explain to me how I will have SEVERE voltage drops? My guess would be I could do something to stop such SEVERE voltage drops am I correct in saying that? I could care less if anyone is impressed, I was only posting to see if anyone had the the same or close to the same setup as I do, no need to have useless comments.

This is going in a show car so yes I woul dlike everything to match, what's wrong with that?

TL? I'm going to guess that you feel like you know it all so please explain to me how I will have SEVERE voltage drops? My guess would be I could do something to stop such SEVERE voltage drops am I correct in saying that? I could care less if anyone is impressed, I was only posting to see if anyone had the the same or close to the same setup as I do, no need to have useless comments.
This is going in a show car so yes I woul dlike everything to match, what's wrong with that?
LAWL. YOUMADBRO??? you asked ideas and opinions on your setup and yet you seem to be upset when someone criticizes it. TL=termlab //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Know it all? No I run comps in my area, and am a competitor. I have lots of experience. I don't have to "explain" how you will have severe drops. Take an electronics class. Is there something you can do to "stop" them? Sure.... but I'm going to guess you don't get that to happen. Most don't.

op. 2k on factory electrical and a cap isnt going to happen. plain and simple. your going to drop and if you dont fix it (HO alt and some reserve capacity) then your going to be blowing subs and amps.

also let me add. i love people that put "systems" in show cars. and then wonder why they cant play it for long or things break because they dont know what they are doing with it.

Know it all? No I run comps in my area, and am a competitor. I have lots of experience. I don't have to "explain" how you will have severe drops. Take an electronics class. Is there something you can do to "stop" them? Sure.... but I'm going to guess you don't get that to happen. Most don't.
This^ explained>

Your going to run 3 amps on a cap(which will do nothing but give you an initial burst of power for 5 seconds and then deplete until you recharge) and a batt that will allow a little extra power till thats depleted. Your alternator will be overheating while trying to keep up with the power demand that it wasn't built to supply and your amps power supplys will burn out trying to create DC power that will also beat the crap out of your speakers.

so you can expect an expensive set of paper weights

OP. If your into show cars and build show cars, then you should know proper way to install a system like this. You go 2 PDX1000.1s and another 4ch amp. One would think....man this is a lot of power. You have to be able to supply the demand... Otherwise...like its been said...you have pricey paperweights. Enjoy.

You dont need the cap at all, you may like the looks but the someone that has knowledge about audio you will look like a idiot.. Get the 200 amp and good AGM under the hood and one for the trunk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.