ideas for getting louder

enns_aw
10+ year member

Longrod Von Hugendong
Canada
I think my stereo needs to get louder. Even with it turned up to about 75% i can still hear myself singing along with the music. Thats not loud enough. So I am coming to you guys for help in getting it louder.

I have 2 10" pioneers in a vented box. The subs and vent are both facing towards the back in the trunk and are pushed up against the seats. Would changing the box or the positioning of the subs change the perceptible volume?

Could a better HU help with that too? i noticed that the stock HU for my car has unlimited volume (until it blows up) but the one i have now is limited. Should i get a better HU?

PS: if i can still hear myself singing along with the music just how loud do you think that is? i dont have a decible meter or a stereo shop with one in my immediate area so i cant find out exactly, but a ballpark range?

ummm

my HU on 30/35 doesnt seem that loud after your ears adjust but when i try to talk i cant here anything and when i scream it sounds distorted... 1x15" so ima say your prob gonna wanna get alot louder //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

well your enclosure will have a lot to do with it! tuned to 28 hz........not gonna get a whole lot of output.....but i bet they play the low's very nicely. is your enclosure a pre-fab or a custom enclosure?

The box is custom made by me. pretty nice piece of work too. And it plays the lows extremely well. but it doesnt play them very clearly at loud volumes. any ideas? i dont really care about output, i just want it to be a little louder and stay clear.

lol i love your reasoning for wanting to go louder.
for me, if it doesnt hurt it isnt loud enough.

mine used to hurt, but not anymore, so you know what time it is!
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif x2

yes many of us share this logic

if it doesn't hurt.. then its not loud enough...

sadly this is how many of us go deaf =(

but **** it... thats what hearing aid is for.

by the time in 30 they will have a cure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

yes many of us share this logic
if it doesn't hurt.. then its not loud enough...

sadly this is how many of us go deaf =(

but **** it... thats what hearing aid is for.

by the time in 30 they will have a cure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
They wont have a cure, but they'll ahve a **** good fix.

Unless of course, stem cell research goes through.

well ill give you a pic of my box. To tune it differently i'd have to build a completely new box... maybe that would be fun to do. i cant go 15's cuz they dont fit in my trunk unless i do some funky arrangement. What type of subs would be cheap and be louder than my pioneers? either in 10" or 12" cuz i really dont know much about them anymore.

http://www.zshare.net/image/box-bmp.html

there ya go.thats the box. its roughly 3^3 ft tuned to 28 hz

I would just tune a lil higher, really no reason to tune so low. I would go for 32 hz and it should get a lil louder. I would also put more power to them. If thats not loud enough, time to upgrade. How about some 3004spls? The 12's will get plently loud and low off of 1400 watts! If you can get do a single 15 at like 3.5cubes with that amp should get pretty loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.