Idea....

Participant count
  • Participant list

LoneRanger
10+ year member

Old Yamahas Give Me Wood
I'm always telling people to buy audiobahn (because there are no better subs in the world :p), and i convinced my friend to buy a single AW1000x for the trunk of his honda. The box is 12"w x 12"h x 9" deep (.75cuft), which is the exact manufacturer's suggestion. The sub is rated at 600w RMS, but in all my dealings with audiobahn, I've noticed that they have a tendancy to underrate their subs. We are debating which amp to use. I say he should go with either an MA Audio HC1002 (600w RMS @13.5v, 2ohm) or an HC1302 (750w RMS @13.5v 2ohm) to compensate for only giving the amp 12v DC. He, on the other hand, believes that the sub will handle a Rockford Fosgate 800.2 (400w x 2 @12.5v 4ohm). I haven't ever heard this sub being powered to it's full extent, so I really don't know which amp would be best.......if you know, I'd really like to hear from you!

I know someone with the same speaker, and he is powering his with 1200 watts. Not sure what kind of amp, but I don't think it is a great one. Anyways, that one sub pounds pretty hard, a lot harder than I thought it would.

well if i was goin to get one of the first two amps id go withthe rf and not turn it up all the way yes ma does mae some sweet **** but i think rf is a better choice. the jbl is also sweet. get the 600.1 that should work fine to power one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.