ID10 V4 D4 opinions

Participant count
  • Participants list

Hitter85456

CarAudio.com Newbie
I had a suggest given to me by a very credible long time poster from these sites, for these subs but EVERYONE else bashes these subs. Alot of ppl has never even heard of them. I want to know what you all think about these subs. https://www.ebay.com/i/362754439142...MIhKWskdaV5gIVS73ACh3bzgREEAQYDCABEgKsBvD_BwE

So here is my configuration: kenwood amp 1000w KAC-7204. Gonna mono this at 4 ohm and run these speakers in question, parallel at 4 ohm. The box I'm using will be on OB-Q62. Ported and downfiring.

My goal is to have really good bass(but not ear busting). Loudness is important to me too. I'm 70% country and rock. 30% rap.

Again, I AM NOT doubting the guy who told me about these subs but the reviews are not good on these subs. Thoughts on these ID10 and how they will be efficient? Thank you to all

box is everything, if you dont know the actual specs of the box we cant recommend any kind of sub. Also downfiring is meh at best.

I presented the model # of the box. The specs are.within its description. As for the cubic feet, the box is a match for the subs. As for the way they fire, I have NOT found a forward firing box for my truck that isnt ported. I dont think there is one prefabbed.

Ok, so let's fast forward, specs of box and subs are matched. Do you have any information about these subs??

They will be good subs. ID makes good stuff. Just curious, who is EVERYONE that bashes them?

Honestly, your box is going to be the weakest link. I would honestly go sealed with that space. I can’t find much info on the box but that port looks small from my 30 seconds of searching and will likely not do the subs justice.

I presented the model # of the box. The specs are.within its description. As for the cubic feet, the box is a match for the subs. As for the way they fire, I have NOT found a forward firing box for my truck that isnt ported. I dont think there is one prefabbed.

Ok, so let's fast forward, specs of box and subs are matched. Do you have any information about these subs??

Ewww that port area is barely enough for a single 8 or 6.5. With two 10s you'll have massive compression and port noise, aka severe performance loss. absolute garbage design and poor port orientation as well, no loading wall at all. Would not recommend My buddy cscstang who builds boxes had to fix so many installs that used a prefab similar to that and got absolutely no output because the box was designed by a monkey who doesnt understand what rear air velocity and port compression. Subs firing forward and port to the side is loudest and best sound quality for an under the seat box in every case we ran into.

I know you like to focus on subs but The sub literally doesnt matter when your box is going to limit anything you throw in by at least 80%, not kidding, any sub will choke in that box.

They will be good subs. ID makes good stuff. Just curious, who is EVERYONE that bashes them?

Honestly, your box is going to be the weakest link. I would honestly go sealed with that space. I can’t find much info on the box but that port looks small from my 30 seconds of searching and will likely not do the subs justice.

It's really the reviews mainly.

Going sealed would decrease the loudness, which is important to me, right?

Ewww that port area is barely enough for a single 8 or 6.5. With two 10s you'll have massive compression and port noise, aka severe performance loss. absolute garbage design and poor port orientation as well, no loading wall at all. Would not recommend My buddy cscstang who builds boxes had to fix so many installs that used a prefab similar to that and got absolutely no output because the box was designed by a monkey who doesnt understand what rear air velocity and port compression. Subs firing forward and port to the side is loudest and best sound quality for an under the seat box in every case we ran into.

I know you like to focus on subs but The sub literally doesnt matter when your box is going to limit anything you throw in by at least 80%, not kidding, any sub will choke in that box.

Ok, now I'm in learning mode lol. Let me ask these questions please.

1) If any subs would choke in that box, then what would keep them from choking in a sealed box with no ventilation?

2) How big should the port be and should it be a labyrinth design port?

3) There are NO prefabricated boxes on the net thats ported and forward firing. All I see is sealed in FF. What site is a good place to order a custom box?

Also, if I choose a sealed box, would u choose forward or downward firing? How about the specifics? Would it be just as important to get the box custom built for the subs or how about a prefab that will be closely matched to my subs cuft and tuning hz? I guess what I'm saying is a sealed box just as complicated as a ported one? It seems like theres alot of stuff to look at when going with ported. In a sealed box, just match your subs optimum cuft with the closest prefabbed box as long as its within .1 or .2. DF or FF Sealed?

You’re going to want more room than that for venting in my opinion. I would go sealed with some poly fill if you want to go prefab but again I’d recommend trying to get a ported custom box built.
When you go ported, the subs need more airspace than with sealed.

Ok, now I'm in learning mode lol. Let me ask these questions please.

1) If any subs would choke in that box, then what would keep them from choking in a sealed box with no ventilation?

2) How big should the port be and should it be a labyrinth design port?

3) There are NO prefabricated boxes on the net thats ported and forward firing. All I see is sealed in FF. What site is a good place to order a custom box?

Sealed is completely sealed up and has a spring compression mechanic to it. What you get with that box is a leaky sealed box.

You would want to model out in WinISD the sub's ts parameters in the box and you can find out the proper amount of port area needed through rear air velocity values which should be under 30 meters per second. labyrinth isnt really a thing thats just a dumb name for a normal ported to trick noobs into thinking its some fancy box.

You'll want to look around your area for custom box builders that know how to get you loud and sound good.

As for the sealed box, you can expect output to be as loud as your door speakers when you go sealed box in a truck. The overall acoustics in a truck make sealed boxes perform like dog **** 90% of the times.

get someone that can build like this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.