I'd like some advice on speaker choice from the real experts

Participant count
  • Participant list

rudedog9d

I drive an '02 Silverado ext. Cab with two 12" Rockford Punch P1 subs in custom enclosed boxes stored under the rear seats. I have been using 6x9's for mids and highs, but then I read some stuff on here, and found out I'm just one of those people that think that craps sounds good. I wondered what was suggested as a solution by you guys for mids/highs. I kind of would like them in removable boxes, As sometimes I like to throw my speakers in my truck bed and chill by the fire.

P.S. I Mostly listen to rock

Thanks!!

-Brodie

Rudedog Racin!!

I don't advocate the use of removable speaker boxes if the goal is good sound. I suggest you get a portable "boombox" player for music by the fire. $200 may get you some decent component speakers, which have separate woofers and tweeters to be installed into the vehicle permanently, but you also need good clean power, sound deadening, possibly new speaker baffles to ensure a solid mount, and this all adds up. You don't have to spend a grand, but the budget is not realistic for big gains.

All of this is assuming you have any idea of the kind of sound you want. You can't figure that out by reading forums. Do you have any good car audio shops nearby where you can listen to some vehicles? Maybe someone on this site could give you a demo.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.