Icon 12s

Was looking at possibly running 2 of these in a build Im starting to plan. Was wanting any feedback on them and also amp recommendations.
I really enjoyed my icon 12 ported and sealed. I ran it for about 2 years before switching vehicles. I thought it was well rounded and got loud. Ran it off a DD m1c

I have an ICON 12 (gen 1) in a 1.1 ft^3 sealed enclosure. I really like it sealed but am going to build a ported enclosure just to compare it. I have it powered by an SSA IC150.4 (bridged on ch 3/4). It's in a Subaru Legacy GT wagon. You won't be disappointed with any of SSA's gear!

I have an ICON 12 (gen 1) in a 1.1 ft^3 sealed enclosure. I really like it sealed but am going to build a ported enclosure just to compare it. I have it powered by an SSA IC150.4 (bridged on ch 3/4). It's in a Subaru Legacy GT wagon. You won't be disappointed with any of SSA's gear!
I would be interested to know the difference between sealed and ported.

Thank you!!!!

I was hoping you would get in in this convo. I tried messaging you and it wouldn't let me. Anyway what amp would you recommend for these? Also Im a dummy but aside from power handling what is the difference between the ssa sub lines?
My PM inbox seems to be working fine. My biased vote is our SSA IC2200.1 as it is a ultra over built and very under rated amp and on sale right now. But, the US Acoustics Nick, or Ampere Audio 2000.1, or SoundQubed 2200 are all solid options.

As for differences, there are loads. Meaning goals, listening preferences, different box preferences, some have upgrade options, and much more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.