IA Flatlyne 12s w/ Shredder Basket

k5james
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Yuma, AZ
I've wanted to try the IA Flatlyne subs for a while but was told it might be worth it to hold off until IA incorporates their "Shredder" basket which reportedly provides a whole lot of advantages over their standard basket including up to 75% more xmax.

I placed on order for two w/ Vertex Audio here about a month ago and they arrived today.

I'm still waiting to hear back on the TS spec changes to the sub with this basket but in the mean time here's what came in the box for the standard Flatlyne 12...

IAspecs.jpg

This thing looks pretty stout...

IAfront.jpg

IAback.jpg

IAside.jpg

IAside2.jpg

I planned on putting these in my Dodge but I'm leaning towards putting them in my X5. As soon as I get them in and give them a listen I'll post a review.

Bigger spider landings for bigger spiders,more space from the spider landing to where the motor mounts to the basket for more rearward clearance etc....I've been drinking so hope this makes sense Lol

Try the Ssa Icon. Kr the new revamped gcon/dcons.
Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
I can’t! Those subwoofers require too much power. I only have 600+ watts to work with at 2 Ohms and getting another amplifier isn’t really an option either because of my stock 100 amp alternator. I have 500 watts rms for the speakers in my car + that 600 watts for the sub.

Currently have an Alpine 12” SWS in a sealed box that does prettty well but being that it’s a budget sub I know there could be better. Back in the day the SSA DCON would have been perfect; too bad I didn’t grab one when I had the chance. SSA doesn’t have a DCON available yet and will it really be as good as the old one? Wish there were more options for SQ subwoofers in the 400-600 watt range. AudioFrog and NVX X series look promising but not sure that would be much better than the Alpine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.