IA DP 15 vs FI SP4 15???

its not tuned to 36 then. unless you have a subsonic set to 50 hz it should be unloading pretty good at that point..
sorry i rechecked my box spec. its tune to 35.56hz actually. The sub is acting like its not getting any power lol. its moving and making noise but the authority is not there at all.

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

I talked to my buddy yesterday and im going to make the trade. He offered to add $100 cash on top of the his death penalty 15 for it

You won't be disappointed. I had a sp4 on a ia20.1 at .35 ohm and it barely moved as well. I was tuned lower then 35 I think like 31hz. I switched back to a 3" coil and gained much more output on the same power. Not to mention ia builds phenominal subs.

You won't be disappointed. I had a sp4 on a ia20.1 at .35 ohm and it barely moved as well. I was tuned lower then 35 I think like 31hz. I switched back to a 3" coil and gained much more output on the same power. Not to mention ia builds phenominal subs.
yea i should be going to meet up with him today and trade. For the power i have it just doesnt seem worth it to keep the SP4. The DP15 will just work better in all around for me. On my power the only thing i can think the SP4 will do better is last long in thermal handling but then again the DP will probably only see about rated power after rise/voltage, or alittle less then rated. My amp seems to come alive wiring lower, its rated at .5ohm and it was ran .5ohm for the prev year. So me running it .7 with DP15 will be a breeze for it lol

For the sp I'd do 3.5 tuned to 36 with about 70 in"^2 of port area..
given that it may see like 15-1700(from my amp) why would i make that small of a box? The box would be inefficient due to it being small. The sub is rated 3000-3500. Wouldnt the box need to be bigger for efficiency?

Well i talked to my buddy, he said he was looking the sub over and said he notice the glue joint looks like it is cracking some, so i guess im not getting the DP

yea but the larger the box and the higher the tune the harder it peaks around tuning.. its already very efficient between 20-50hz. the smaller box helps the high frequency efficiency the larger amount of port area help gain efficiency as well as long as the sub doesn't unload fast above and below FB fast use more port area.. of course your gonna loose some bottom end but its going to sound alot better above 50hz as well..

typically that glue doesn't crack. and if it is just apply a little glue on it.
I may just keep the SP4. If you were me in my situation and my power. What kind of enclosure would you go with. I would like to do sub up port back but idk about the depth being deep enough. So I may have to go sub and port up... Its going into the hatch area of a PT Cruz

Depends on what type of sound you want and from you want. You have enough space for horn? Lol
im going to dout that i have that much space available lol..... I have been talking to the guy about the DP alittle more. He said the place is small and he has glue from previous recones etc. He put some glue on it and is going to give a day or so to cure up. I think i may still trade him. It will help me save money going forward and and i could use the extra cash for something else.

I just finished a box for 2 12" Lethals tuned up at 38 and man it slaps down low. I'll see if I can upload it.
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Hey man..... What's the name of the glue that can be used for subs but you can get it from a hardware store... It's called like E something?

It's called e6000... I like amazing goop better though.. But if the spot is the triple joint you prly want to use CA glue
Yea thats it i couldnt think of what it was called. But he has CA glue, he filled in the small spot as well as went around over it just to get another layer on it and giving it over 24 hours to cure up.

Yea thats it i couldnt think of what it was called. But he has CA glue, he filled in the small spot as well as went around over it just to get another layer on it and giving it over 24 hours to cure up.
I've heard of people using just about anything from CA glue to 5 minute epoxy, to goop. I wouldn't get so hung up on which glue you use to do a small repair. Hardly worth 10$ + 10$ shipping to buy 2oz of boutique "woofer building" glue.

Have you tried tuning higher? If your box uses a sono tube port it should take you very little time money or effort to test multiple tunings. 4.25 cube should be adequate for a daily/musical box for a single 15.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bgowdy

5,000+ posts
Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
bgowdy
Campbellsville, Ky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date