IA DP 15 vs FI SP4 15???

I say keep the sp4 and build as big a box as you can get in the trunk use a 8-10" sono tuba and shoot for 30-35hz. I have the same car and I built a 30"w x 26.5"d x 17"h box. I had to build in the trunk. You can maybe squeeze a few more inches here and there. This will net you better sound and near the same output as the hdc imho. Now if you can get the dp I would trade.
No offense but i would highly dout this, better sound possibly, more output no!.... Just comparing the Sp4 vs my old HD15, the difference in output is VERY Noticeable. If i guessed by the Ear-O-Meter(im usually pretty good at listening and guessing in terms of numbers lol), My AB Hd15(REALLY similar to the HDC315) in a box that is probably to big for the power i run(the sub bottomed out some depending and i was told i should i have went 3.5 net) did a 144.5 on TL(this is a real score, not a guess). I played Sp4 from 32-45 hz just playing around and i would say in its strongest range it might be a 140 maybe not even that. Now say i build a box that 6 cubes net, i highly dout its going to pick up that much output with out more power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bgowdy

5,000+ posts
Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
bgowdy
Campbellsville, Ky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date