IA DP 15 vs FI SP4 15???

hook up the Sp4. Your box is just about optimal for it (4.25 net) although it's tuned a little high imo.

I'd wager to say the Sp4 just might be better than the DP in the box you have currently, although the DP isn't a slouch either. Sold mine to Souldrop and wish I hadn't. He posted a real good review about it

The DP has better botom end but the DP is a hell of alot more efficient about 50 hz. the DP needs a larger box than the SP(light mms stiffer suspension low QE) the DP will whale with 2500 in that box..

If I was you I'd hook up the sp4 and see how it sounds. U might really like it. What do u have to lose? Nothing
I have it hooked up now. Thing doesn't even move at all even at 28-30 hz full tilt.... It doesn't sound bad, but the HD was louder by a bit to the ear

hook up the Sp4. Your box is just about optimal for it (4.25 net) although it's tuned a little high imo.
I'd wager to say the Sp4 just might be better than the DP in the box you have currently, although the DP isn't a slouch either. Sold mine to Souldrop and wish I hadn't. He posted a real good review about it
It's hooked up now and my Hd15 was louder. The sp4 doesn't even move full tilt. Lol... It's a beast lol

I have it hooked up now. Thing doesn't even move at all even at 28-30 hz full tilt.... It doesn't sound bad, but the HD was louder by a bit to the ear

Your woofer will move the least at tunning. So is your box tuned 28-30hz? Because if your tuned to 36hz that woofer should be moving like crazy under tunning at 28hz

Your woofer will move the least at tunning. So is your box tuned 28-30hz? Because if your tuned to 36hz that woofer should be moving like crazy under tunning at 28hz
It doesn't move that much 28-30hz... And it's not that loud there... More just Rumble. It's seems due to power my hd15 had more authority

what version DP is it?

they are all good but a v1 may be a bit worn out by now.

personally i would get the DP provided its in good condition, and i would get a larger amp, you can always turn down the gain and that sub will take a good bit of abuse

what version DP is it?they are all good but a v1 may be a bit worn out by now.

personally i would get the DP provided its in good condition, and i would get a larger amp, you can always turn down the gain and that sub will take a good bit of abuse
It's the newest model. With the star motor or whatever... I

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bgowdy

5,000+ posts
Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
bgowdy
Campbellsville, Ky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date