IA DP 15 vs FI SP4 15???

If you only have a small amp that sp4 would have shined in 6cubes tuned low like 30hz. Not 4cubes and tuned to 40hz... Ewww
typically i dont suggest it.. but as a quick fix it wouldn't hurt and i bet it would realy wake that driver up... its not going to sound great but i bet it has alot more usable output.. lol

It's stiff and heavy coil 4" coil... Handles power good but take some power to get it moving. They are great daily musical beaters if you have a 3.5k amp
when i look at the design i get kinda confused.. im pretty sure that its stiff becasue he figured people would be throwing 5kw on um but at the same time im thinking the stiff spiders are also to tame the mass for vented higher tuned alignments. its kinda all over the place to me.. it wants to be sealed but it might rather be ported with 5 kw..
Interesting. I may need to find an SP4 motor and play with it.

Interesting. I may need to find an SP4 motor and play with it.
you mess with any high temp neo? i've been wanting to test the n42SH.. the typical n52 neos strength after 200 degrees drops off so fast you might as well have ceramic. lol

problem is to get the SH its a huge custom cut/custom order thing.. this is about the only thing i remotely found commercially..

https://www.kjmagnetics.com/products.asp?cat=167

It's stiff and heavy coil 4" coil... Handles power good but take some power to get it moving. They are great daily musical beaters if you have a 3.5k amp
you mess with any high temp neo? i've been wanting to test the n42SH.. the typical n52 neos strength after 200 degrees drops off so fast you might as well have ceramic. lolproblem is to get the SH its a huge custom cut/custom order thing.. this is about the only thing i remotely found commercially..

https://www.kjmagnetics.com/products.asp?cat=167
Nope, haven't had a chance to play with neo other than existing motors. I think I'll leave it to the pros. My luck, I would lose a digit trying to assemble my dream motor.

:fro:mad:mitchell0715; what do you think about the offer above ^^^^

just curious, also the hdc3 is a dual 1, so i can wire to .5 ohm daily

[quote name='bgowdy']:fro:mad:mitchell0715; what do you think about the offer above ^^^^

just curious, also the hdc3 is a dual 1, so i can wire to .5 ohm daily[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you've said it yet but do you plan on staying with your current power and what kind of output do you want, sound quality or loud? The hdc315 would be better for your power imo but it won't have 'superb sq' but that doesn't mean it'll sound bad

Also I can't say for sure it'll like your box iirc they want 3.5 to 4 at no lower than 35~ but I'm sure you're close

Not sure if you've said it yet but do you plan on staying with your current power and what kind of output do you want, sound quality or loud? The hdc315 would be better for your power imo but it won't have 'superb sq' but that doesn't mean it'll sound bad
Also I can't say for sure it'll like your box iirc they want 3.5 to 4 at no lower than 35~ but I'm sure you're close
i am very familiar with Hdc3s. Soundqubed/Audioque is my favorite sub company due to the $ vs performance. I know the Hdc3 is not great on SQ side but it can still sound decent.

Power wise right now i dont have plans to upgrade power. Im looking for loud over SQ but dont want a burp box lol... I figure it will sound similar the HD15 i had given they are similar subs.

i am very familiar with Hdc3s. Soundqubed/Audioque is my favorite sub company due to the $ vs performance. I know the Hdc3 is not great on SQ side but it can still sound decent.
Power wise right now i dont have plans to upgrade power. Im looking for loud over SQ but dont want a burp box lol... I figure it will sound similar the HD15 i had given they are similar subs.
they should get loud the way you want then, consider the hdc315 worth about $200 used, so you're going with $350 for your sp4 15, they're about $500 new? seems pretty close to fair

also, going to .5 on that amp is gonna be sketchy so hold on to the $150 in case it goes poof lol its likely you'll be fine but still.. just watch it

they should get loud the way you want then, consider the hdc315 worth about $200 used, so you're going with $350 for your sp4 15, they're about $500 new? seems pretty close to fair
also, going to .5 on that amp is gonna be sketchy so hold on to the $150 in case it goes poof lol its likely you'll be fine but still.. just watch it
My amp is rated to run .5 daily and warrantied for it. Its rated 3k @ .5 and 2500 @ 1 ohm. I had been running it that way for over a year up until now....

My amp is rated to run .5 daily and warrantied for it. Its rated 3k @ .5 and 2500 @ 1 ohm. I had been running it that way for over a year up until now....
then go for it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif you know if the amp takes .5 better than i do is my point

then go for it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif you know if the amp takes .5 better than i do is my point
oh lol... im just waiting until i get my newer vehicle. I would mind running a 18 in it but idk. i have had a few 18 offers also

I say keep the sp4 and build as big a box as you can get in the trunk use a 8-10" sono tuba and shoot for 30-35hz. I have the same car and I built a 30"w x 26.5"d x 17"h box. I had to build in the trunk. You can maybe squeeze a few more inches here and there. This will net you better sound and near the same output as the hdc imho. Now if you can get the dp I would trade.

I say keep the sp4 and build as big a box as you can get in the trunk use a 8-10" sono tuba and shoot for 30-35hz. I have the same car and I built a 30"w x 26.5"d x 17"h box. I had to build in the trunk. You can maybe squeeze a few more inches here and there. This will net you better sound and near the same output as the hdc imho. Now if you can get the dp I would trade.
thats just it as said previously im not keeping this car. this car is going to be gone as soon as i get my other vehicle. hell i may get rid of it tonight. I have someone that wants to but it.

Also i dont want to loose all the space i have. I do like to have some space left over if at all possible.

if i have to 6 cubes net to make the sub sound decent then theres really no point in me keeping it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bgowdy

5,000+ posts
Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
bgowdy
Campbellsville, Ky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date