I would pay someone if they could figure this out...

Run new wires for the amped speakers.... this seems obvious unless I didn't read it all thoroughly (which I didn't lol) Test this by running speaker wire on the outside of the car first.
PM when you need my paypal addy =D
I am going to try this when I get time. But if it gets rid of the noise, what if it comes back after I run them IN the car? I guess that wouldn't happen though if I run them away from all other wires.

Your still having the same problem even after running new wires??
And yea mine mostly is coming from the tweeter too, its pretty high pitched. If you switch the L and R speaker outs on your amp does the noise change sides? Mine does. Just curious.
This would imply that the issue is before the speaker wires. Try switching RCA's from L to R and see if the problem follows.

Your still having the same problem even after running new wires??
And yea mine mostly is coming from the tweeter too, its pretty high pitched. If you switch the L and R speaker outs on your amp does the noise change sides? Mine does. Just curious.
Yes, new wires for the entire amp; power, ground and speaker, I didn't have any factory amp to splice into. I'm going to have to try switching them, the amp is in a really inconvenient place (under my driver's seat and I have to remove the seat to access it) so that's why I haven't tried it yet.

My RCA's sit next to the power wire for a second but I don't think that's the issue, I don't get any alt whine. Just the popping sound that comes from my driver's side tweeter. My grounds are kinda shitty though...the amp went into thermal protect for the first time the other day and my sub amp gets warm so they both might need to be regrounded.

I am going to try this when I get time. But if it gets rid of the noise, what if it comes back after I run them IN the car? I guess that wouldn't happen though if I run them away from all other wires.
Shouldn't happen with speaker wires, unless you ran it bare lol. If your noise switches sides sounds, one of the amps is producing the noise.

Shouldn't happen with speaker wires, unless you ran it bare lol. If your noise switches sides sounds, one of the amps is producing the noise.
I would agree usually. However, OP said that it has done this for 2 amps. And that'd be a crazy coincidence. I say RCA's or issue running through stock amp.

had a prob like this. i thought the amp wasnt touching the frame of the car. WRONG! it was grounding through the feet of the amp and sending whine through the speakers. pull a ground an see if it gets louder or quieter. sit the amp on a towel...dry of course and see if it still does it. that solved it for me

had a prob like this. i thought the amp wasnt touching the frame of the car. WRONG! it was grounding through the feet of the amp and sending whine through the speakers. pull a ground an see if it gets louder or quieter. sit the amp on a towel...dry of course and see if it still does it. that solved it for me
Hm, I wonder if this would solve my problem as well...

I would agree usually. However' date=' OP said that it has done this for 2 amps. And that'd be a crazy coincidence. I say RCA's or issue running through stock amp.[/quote']
Yea both amps did it, and like I said before the Mmats amp did it, and the engine noise being produced with the Mmats amp is higher frequency than what that amp can even produce lol.

And it makes the engine noise even without anything plugged into the RCA inputs on the amp. I even tried plugging my IPOD straight into the amp and still got the engine noise.

simple but may actually work turn the gain down a tad. sounds stupid but ive seen plenty of cars that had noise just from gains being too high. i figure while youre doing everything else just give this a shot.

When I said one of the amps, I meant either the speaker amp or stock amp. If it has done it with two aftermarket amps.. I am saying stock amp and still putting my money on bypassing it completely. Would take 10 minutes to run wires on the outside of the car and test =)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.