I will never buy Alpine again in my life !!!!!!!!!!!

images

x2
i run that amp and its not horrible , keep in mind my car is able to give her the power she wants ......
You might have a point. The amperage needle goes efen crazy when I turn it up, I'm going to add another battery by the amplifier at the back

I have a 2003 tahoe with the big 3 but maybe it is the power I will try this before I give up on the amp

thanks

Autotek SX2200 Car Amplifier | eBay this one? haha i got one years ago off craigslist for 70
That one there man..That would be ,and is a better amp than the Kicker, and Alpine.Some of the Last USA made SQ/along with Power that Autotek has produced.$70?Nice..Nice. Hey, I think I found your subs also..Are they only rated @400rms ea??You may be giving them a little to much juice also.Try turning the amp down, and bass boost to 0 also.Your box may not be sufficient for the subs also,Yet turning the gains down may /will help tune those subs in with the enclosure you have..Curious to hear how this turns out.Im following up on the thread here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/popcorn.gif.32dd9e22fd77e77bc3c907062768fcd2.gif

You might have a point. The amperage needle goes efen crazy when I turn it up, I'm going to add another battery by the amplifier at the back
I have a 2003 tahoe with the big 3 but maybe it is the power I will try this before I give up on the amp

thanks
Are you still using the stock alternator??If so ,they are only I think 110amp.I have a 98 chevy,and thats what I had in mine..The biggest over the counter like @Orileys is a 140,and helped out tramend.,seems like.I ended up putting another batt in, and a HO alt,and never had any issues for power since, and seems as if all the electrical items didnt have any issues, as before I always had my windows roll up slowly fan blowing slowly ect, now its as if the extra amperage is all that was needed.

That one there man..That would be ,and is a better amp than the Kicker, and Alpine.Some of the Last USA made SQ/along with Power that Autotek has produced.$70?Nice..Nice. Hey, I think I found your subs also..Are they only rated @400rms ea??You may be giving them a little to much juice also.Try turning the amp down, and bass boost to 0 also.Your box may not be sufficient for the subs also,Yet turning the gains down may /will help tune those subs in with the enclosure you have..Curious to hear how this turns out.Im following up on the thread here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/popcorn.gif.32dd9e22fd77e77bc3c907062768fcd2.gif
also that autotek 2 channel is stable at 1 ohm per channel or 2 ohms bridged which was cool

I miss the old days had 2 cerwin vegas and a kenwood kac 921 way back IMO that sounded great

Are you still using the stock alternator??If so ,they are only I think 110amp.I have a 98 chevy,and thats what I had in mine..The biggest over the counter like @Orileys is a 140,and helped out tramend.,seems like.I ended up putting another batt in, and a HO alt,and never had any issues for power since, and seems as if all the electrical items didnt have any issues, as before I always had my windows roll up slowly fan blowing slowly ect, now its as if the extra amperage is all that was needed.
Cool thanks yes I have 19151921 alternator thats rated at 145 amperage. But I will but the battery in the back I have a yellow top in the front right now but I have an extra red top in the garage that my friend gave me.

cant afford to buy the HO alternator right now but I will in the near future. Im still not working waiting to get called out of the hall (union)

But I was told to put the yellow top in the back and the red top in the front, or does it matter ?

thanks

Jr

I miss the old days had 2 cerwin vegas and a kenwood kac 921 way back IMO that sounded great
Yes sir..The old days.Experiencing car audio back then was all trial and error,as it was new to everyone in 88 when I first got involved with it..I remember having 4 Stillwater Kicker 10 SVC400rms subs in different sealed enclosures in a single cab Toyo using a little Alpine Dou-B 3525, and made all four of those jokers pound so hard that your chest and throat would hurt,make your eyes squinch! only way I could get all 4 of those in there, was one premade box behind the seat for two subs, and 2 slanted truck boxes behind the head rest of the pass side/drivers side, and inverted,gave me room for the amp in the middle on top of the box to get some air and to mount.That was my first nice set up,later went further with 10-10s in the bed on Hifonics.Jacks in Waco helped me out with a bit that I had no clue about with wiring subs for ohms loads.Good learning times.Today all the learning/experiencing came from my time as to what has been exposed of car audio as we know it today.Yet still learning

Yes sir..The old days.Experiencing car audio back then was all trial and error,as it was new to everyone in 88 when I first got involved with it..I remember having 4 Stillwater Kicker 10 SVC400rms subs in different sealed enclosures in a single cab Toyo using a little Alpine Dou-B 3525, and made all four of those jokers pound so hard that your chest and throat would hurt,make your eyes squinch! only way I could get all 4 of those in there, was one premade box behind the seat for two subs, and 2 slanted truck boxes behind the head rest of the pass side/drivers side, and inverted,gave me room for the amp in the middle on top of the box to get some air and to mount.That was my first nice set up,later went further with 10-10s in the bed on Hifonics.Jacks in Waco helped me out with a bit that I had no clue about with wiring subs for ohms loads.Good learning times.Today all the learning/experiencing came from my time as to what has been exposed of car audio as we know it today.Yet still learning
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

Cool thanks yes I have 19151921 alternator thats rated at 145 amperage. But I will but the battery in the back I have a yellow top in the front right now but I have an extra red top in the garage that my friend gave me.
cant afford to buy the HO alternator right now but I will in the near future. Im still not working waiting to get called out of the hall (union)

But I was told to put the yellow top in the back and the red top in the front, or does it matter ?

thanks

Jr
It does matter,I use the redtops due to the charging.Yellow tops are deep cycle and take more time to recharge than the redtop.I would put that redtop on the vehicle/starting, and the Yellow top on the system side.Im running 2redtops under my hood with the big 5 being done rather than the big three,0ga and a 200amp alt now(My 255 bit after 5yrs on me cheaper to buy another than rebuild seems??/) and run my system off of the 2nd batt to the rear of the cab with 2ga to a dist block rt now.I still havent put in my Kinetick 600 yet,it will be in my amp board location once I get my Sub box in,I have a temp made box rt now I made ported for a pair of tens.I plan on getting pics for all to see/possibly use for theyre needs as well.Im a Union Pipe Fitter/Journeyman/Inspector for Pipe/Steam Fitters Local Union 669,and have 24yrs in so far@age of 43:D.Work seems to be good in Dallas area .Cranes everywhere you look.

Post pictures of your set up bro.
LOL..Man I love that Vid you have at bottom of your page..Everytime I see it I just about pass out LMFAO!!! Ill have pics coming soon of my set up.I should be getting my sub box wed, so I can clean my wiring up, and mount my amps,and dist blocks/fans/batt.Im hoping to be all cleaned up by end of the month on my set up

LOL..Man I love that Vid you have at bottom of your page..Everytime I see it I just about pass out LMFAO!!! Ill have pics coming soon of my set up.I should be getting my sub box wed, so I can clean my wiring up, and mount my amps,and dist blocks/fans/batt.Im hoping to be all cleaned up by end of the month on my set up
Thnx for liking the Signature.

I was talking to OP for pics of his set up like box and stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.