I went balls-deep in some CDT poon and this is what birthed itself...

I have heard of using spheres in latex paint or even adding it to bed liner as a thermal and sound barrier. A few of guys in the hotrod arena been using them. A guy even painted his apartment with microspheres in it and said it actually reduced the sound from his upstairs neighbors. I personally haven't had a chance to try them but I think I may now.

Curious as to how tall those pods are cuz they look fuggin HUGE. Like they'd stick off the doors way too far and leave no leg room...
Well they're mounting to the metal on the door, so that gives me extra clearance, but they're about 5" deep on the biggest part.

This is for my work truck, so I'm the only one who rides in it, and I made the driver's side panel with enough leg room.

And besides, any passenger that complains can just take their own car.

I have heard of using spheres in latex paint or even adding it to bed liner as a thermal and sound barrier. A few of guys in the hotrod arena been using them. A guy even painted his apartment with microspheres in it and said it actually reduced the sound from his upstairs neighbors. I personally haven't had a chance to try them but I think I may now.
The spheres are really, really helpful, and make sanding so much easier. They sand incredibly fast and are very easy to apply. I will use them for every project from now on.

Well they're mounting to the metal on the door, so that gives me extra clearance, but they're about 5" deep on the biggest part.
This is for my work truck, so I'm the only one who rides in it, and I made the driver's side panel with enough leg room.

And besides, any passenger that complains can just take their own car.

The spheres are really, really helpful, and make sanding so much easier. They sand incredibly fast and are very easy to apply. I will use them for every project from now on.
Ya the spheres are crazy thanks bro I can't wait to try all this **** out ... And the panels looking sick will be some **** once its all in

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/applause.gif.bb805d8088f72dbc2fe808c29e85fb4c.gif

I did a set of pods last week for 2 6.5's. Took 20 minutes of sanding for the glass and 5 minutes for the coat of lightweight body filler. I've done several sets now and have learned how to lay the stuff down smoothly. My first few times it was a LOT more sanding, so I could see how the spheres would help...

I did a set of pods last week for 2 6.5's. Took 20 minutes of sanding for the glass and 5 minutes for the coat of lightweight body filler. I've done several sets now and have learned how to lay the stuff down smoothly. My first few times it was a LOT more sanding, so I could see how the spheres would help...
I'm sure with time it will be less work in sanding,but the low cost of the spheres and how easy they sand is really convenient.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.