i want to make my own home stero how do i power it

facepalm.gif

i jsut thought it would be cool when i saw that guys and im gonna have these left over comps when i get my new subs so i should put them in my house lol

If you are really stuck on using your equipment, pick up a cheap/used receiver to power your 6x9s, and an additional amp to power the subs. You can get a used PA amp for

Make sure that you wire the subs to a stable impedance that the amp can handle ~ 8 ohms. I wouldn't take much power to get 4 subs loud in a house.

Try not to catch your house on fire

The best way to hook this up is find a good car battery....you can pick up a used one at an auto salvage yard for 10-20$ if you don't have one laying around ...then wire all your car audio up to it like wiring to a car....you'll want to keep the battery charged so after hooking it up take an old electrical cord...and strip back both of the spare ends and hook them up to the battery...plug the plugged end into the wall to keep your battery fully charged....you won't have to worry about which end is pos or neg like in a car because it will be AC voltage so either side will work...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I hope this helps to get your system rocking.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

The best way to hook this up is find a good car battery....you can pick up a used one at an auto salvage yard for 10-20$ if you don't have one laying around ...then wire all your car audio up to it like wiring to a car....you'll want to keep the battery charged so after hooking it up take an old electrical cord...and strip back both of the spare ends and hook them up to the battery...plug the plugged end into the wall to keep your battery fully charged....you won't have to worry about which end is pos or neg like in a car because it will be AC voltage so either side will work...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I hope this helps to get your system rocking.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif
You really shouldn't do stuff like this, we may think it's funny but he may think your serious and try it which could very well result in him getting seriously hurt.

To the op, as it has been suggested, get a home theater receiver, that will allow you to bring in your source signals and power your 6x9's, then get a plate amp for the subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.