i want more bass whats a better option ???

proper tools...

Saw / Router or Jigsaw - $70 from walmart

tape measure - $5

pencil - .25 cents

wood - mdf 20-30$ / birch-maple-etc.. 40-70$

clamps - corner clamps - 2-9$ each / long clamps - 3-10$ each / clamps - 1-3$ each

screws - $4

glue - 3-10$

caulk - 1-5$

thats all you need basically man.. if you have harbor freight get all the tools cept the powertools there

the vvx in general is a pretty loud sub. In a better box, it will get pretty loud. The lvl 4 is the DC sub most suited to be sealed. I honestly think ported the vvx will be louder. If at all possible, pay for a good design and build it yourself.

ive never heard them but how are the sundown SA12's compared to the vvx does the sundown get louder and is more of an spl beast. could possibly sell the vvx and start over with sundown

i did a drop in test between an sa12 and a vvx12. In my case the VVX was louder on the termlab and played farther below tuning. This is contrary to most peoples experience. In general, the sa12 is going to be the louder sub. I think in my case, the vvx was louder due to my box being oriented to be very musical on lows. When people ask about these 2 subs in particular, I simply ask them what their music tastes are. If you plan to tune 33/34 or lower, do the VVXs, if you plan to tune higher then that, do the SAs.

i only have one vvx 12 right now.

looks like mine is maybe an older one, it has vvx12 on the bottom of it. looks like they took that off the newer ones. so if i got another one they wont match FML. probably going to go the route of getting another skar and a 212 ported box made.

so you guys think 2 cubes of space after displacements and tuned around 29hz would be good

Just to give you some idaes. The one on top I made is a proper enclosure for them. The one on bottom is the one from skar what a difference.
IMG_20120624_164818.jpg
IMG_20120624_164811.jpg

i actualy thought i had enough for 2 12s
my friend is runnin 2 skar vvx12s d2 in a 6.0cuft box tuned to 30hz on a alpine mrp2000 and i must say im very impressed . the lows are nasty . best lows ive ever heard period . played tyga rack city flawlessly without missing a note. im def thinkin of runnin a pair myself. i would go with a pair of vvxs in a ported box tuned real low. but thats just my 2c

ive never heard them but how are the sundown SA12's compared to the vvx does the sundown get louder and is more of an spl beast. could possibly sell the vvx and start over with sundown
the sa and vvx are two completely different sub, i know i use to own both . you will get different sound and different output from both. top 2 best subs for the $$ i think.

did you take that huge thick black mat off behind the rear seats? I gained a lot in a 99 intrigue with that **** out. I also cut out the plastic in the center of the backseat where the armrest folds up and gained some too. You cant tell unless the armrest is down. maybe try tuning a little lower 33-34 to bring the lows out and move more air.

Just to give you some idaes. The one on top I made is a proper enclosure for them. The one on bottom is the one from skar what a difference.
IMG_20120624_164818.jpg
IMG_20120624_164811.jpg
is that box even siliconed on the inside? if not jesus, skar at its finnest again. what a joke they are, looks like a **** poor box to.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.