I want more bass. What should I do?

That is perfect! Sealed per sub can go as small as 0.75 c.f. and as big as 1.75 c.f. So any size box within those parameters you are set. You should take a good picture of that sheet, title it "KFC-120svc", and post it online. I found zero info on that model. And one website wanted c.c. info to let you see their specs sheet.
I want to get something better tho and I was wondering what you would recommend. I already have these In my truck.

Attachments

• A49922C7-E799-4185-83EE-A72DD8A42511.jpeg
    A49922C7-E799-4185-83EE-A72DD8A42511.jpeg
    988.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 7686EDAE-A662-4AE0-B311-6473FFB703CE.jpeg
    7686EDAE-A662-4AE0-B311-6473FFB703CE.jpeg
    918.9 KB · Views: 50
Oh. So the 2.39 cu.ft. is this box's volume? And it is a sealed box?
This box is almost 2 cubic feet sealed but what I’m wondering is if I make a box 2.39 cubic feet, will it make it any better? The other one is if I make that same box and tune it as well as put 2 10s would that sound better/louder/more bass?

Are they wired positive to positive? It is odd that 500w right behind you is not enough oomph.
They are wired down to two ohms. Positive to positive, negative to negative. I think they put out a good amount but I want more. I have to put the sla up on the headunit for it to hit hard. Sometimes I feel as if I need to turn the bass boost up.

Did you set up the Gain yourself or had someone do it. It sounds like your set up can play more than how it is currently set. Do you have the Gain remote by the driver's seat? If not, someone has one on eBay.
So I set the gain by ear, but it was my second time so I don’t know how accurate it was. I just have a bass knob.

So I set the gain by ear, but it was my second time so I don’t know how accurate it was. I just have a bass knob.
That is how I set them as well. I set the bass on the radio high but the boost off. Gain on amp down, bass boost 1/3, bass knob 1/2. Turn on radio to 75% voiume, play my bassiest track. Now I turn up gain gradually until subs slightly distort, then dial it back a bit. Play a few favorites while adjusting the bass remote. See if it has range you desire, if not, tweak the bass boost judiciously.
I have done it this way from day one sans incident.

That is how I set them as well. I set the bass on the radio high but the boost off. Gain on amp down, bass boost 1/3, bass knob 1/2. Turn on radio to 75% voiume, play my bassiest track. Now I turn up gain gradually until subs slightly distort, then dial it back a bit. Play a few favorites while adjusting the bass remote. See if it has range you desire, if not, tweak the bass boost judiciously.
I have done it this way from day one sans incident.
Ok thank you. Should I turn the sla off, and never turn it he knob all the way up?

Are they shallow 12's? He only has 5-½" of mounting depth. I don't think that he will have any where near enough air space for two 12's behind the seat of a standard cab.
This was my main thought as well, single cab pickup just doesn't typically have the dimensions to mount really robust woofers that you can just dump a ton of power into.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...