LTO vs LiFePo4?

Participant count
  • Participant list

John Doe

CarAudio.com Regular
What are the differences between the 2?
And also what are the Pros and Cons?
Got my tax return last night and I’m gonna buy a HO Alt and a lithium. Just need to know which of the 2 would be better and why. Aaaaand GO

LTO is going to more powerful in a smaller package than Lifepo4.

Headway Lifepo4 cells will be your cheapest option but not as good as Yinlongs.

If you don't want to build your own lithium bank I would recommend the XS Power Titan 8. The Titan 8 can be ran with AGM as well.

No I don't recommend D4S LTO let alone anything from him.

LTO is going to more powerful in a smaller package than Lifepo4.

Headway Lifepo4 cells will be your cheapest option but not as good as Yinlongs.

If you don't want to build your own lithium bank I would recommend the XS Power Titan 8. The Titan 8 can be ran with AGM as well.

No I don't recommend D4S LTO let alone anything from him.

LOL I know I was ******* with you 😂😂 I always see you calling him a Pedo

Any thoughts on the CES 40AH LTO Battery? Or 80AH?

I need something that will comfortably power my set up. Which is now going to be:
A 320A Signer Amp, 2 - Taramps HD 3Ks for 12 - 8” Mids, 1 Pioneer 1200.4, & either a Taramps 5K or 8K for a 12” ZV5. I was told locally by a guy who builds LTOs that his 28Ah LTO would handle all my set up(for daily purposes).

LOL I know I was ******* with you 😂😂 I always see you calling him a Pedo

Any thoughts on the CES 40AH LTO Battery? Or 80AH?

I need something that will comfortably power my set up. Which is now going to be:
A 320A Signer Amp, 2 - Taramps HD 3Ks for 12 - 8” Mids, 1 Pioneer 1200.4, & either a Taramps 5K or 8K for a 12” ZV5. I was told locally by a guy who builds LTOs that his 28Ah LTO would handle all my set up(for daily purposes).

It took me two tries before I posted that reply.. Had to delete the first comment I made about that question lol

Yeah the CES 40ah is 6 Yinlong 40ah LTO cells. Good for 5-6k rms.

It took me two tries before I posted that reply.. Had to delete the first comment I made about that question lol

Yeah the CES 40ah is 6 Yinlong 40ah LTO cells. Good for 5-6k rms.
Should’ve kept the first one lol...

And you think that would suffice for my set up?

How many watts rms is your system?
I just replied to Pop with the set up. We had talked about it on a post before. Daily set up. Don’t intend to do comps or “demos” etc. I do however like my volume up and cranked when I’m listening...

Should’ve kept the first one lol...

And you think that would suffice for my set up?

Lol

It will be close not knowing actual clamped power. With a 320a alt at 15+ volts you should be okay. My Taramps amps high voltage protected at 15.4.

The nice thing about making your own bank is say you went with a bank of 6 and wanted more power you can buy another 6 cells for $400 over $560 for another CES battery.

Lol

It will be close not knowing actual clamped power. With a 320a alt at 15+ volts you should be okay. My Taramps amps high voltage protected at 15.4.

The nice thing about making your own bank is say you went with a bank of 6 and wanted more power you can buy another 6 cells for $400 over $560 for another CES battery.

I’m a lazy bastard lol. I think I’ll go ahead and order that CES 40AH then. Thanks for the help.

Lol

Alright scratch that all the sites that sell it don’t ship it to Hawaii 💀 I hate living on an island. Which of the titan 8s would work best for me lol

The Titan S5 is a beast and super tiny.
Alright Pop, I looked for the S5’s and stumbled upon an 80AH Cased YinLong LTO powered by XS on DroppinHZ. I figure better safe(more power?) than sorry. With a 14.4v 20A Lithium Charger. That’d be fine too right? If this doesn’t ship then I will fasho get me an S5(seeing as though all these LTOs can’t be shipped to Hawaii)...

Yeah 80ah would be more than enough for you. Wont have to worry at all. Only problem is DroppinHz is not known for their customer service or fast shipping.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...