I think the spl bug bit me again, DC lvl 5 18?

There's a reason they are cheap.
Really? Have a friend here running 8 rubicons on 6 AB HD 15's for two years now no problems,doing a 163.

I think all brands have their pros and cons,but i've seen waaaay worse than soundstream or hifonics.

Well I pulled the trigger on a DD9518E! And then I went totally stupid and snagged a rubicon 1.2500 and a hifonics zrx3000.1! Jeez that bug bit hard no telling what iI'll do next!
I will post pics of gear in gallery,just can't seem to post pics off the ps3 or the iphone. And im seriously thinking about a VFL750.1
You done goofed. Those are terrible amps.... the DD95 was a really good call for SPL though. I'd take LV6 over the DD95, but I think DD will be a step up over the 5. Dump those amps on craigslist and get one of the reliable 5K's (Atomic, RD D9, Sundown 4500, Crescendo, DC, AB 500.1, etc. etc.)

should have bought the vfl 750.1 , why would you even mess with the other 2 amps with that sub .it will take more than they can dish out
I wouldn't touch any of those Korean 7K boards. Definitely time bombs IMO.

There's a reason they are cheap.
Oh yes.

How do you run 8 amps on 6 subs?
Assuming DVC subs you have 12 coils. Strap the amps and you have each pair (strapped) driving 3 coils. I had considered doing similar for a friend's 6-pack if his current amps don't make enough power to the load we have wired.

You done goofed. Those are terrible amps.... the DD95 was a really good call for SPL though. I'd take LV6 over the DD95, but I think DD will be a step up over the 5. Dump those amps on craigslist and get one of the reliable 5K's (Atomic, RD D9, Sundown 4500, Crescendo, DC, AB 500.1, etc. etc.)

I wouldn't touch any of those Korean 7K boards. Definitely time bombs IMO.

Oh yes.

Assuming DVC subs you have 12 coils. Strap the amps and you have each pair (strapped) driving 3 coils. I had considered doing similar for a friend's 6-pack if his current amps don't make enough power to the load we have wired.
Done goofed? LMAO! Ya know back in the day we ran visonik 4000xd's and people said they were ****,same with the audiobahn microwaves,seems like no matter what no brand is good enough,right?

Done goofed? LMAO! Ya know back in the day we ran visonik 4000xd's and people said they were ****,same with the audiobahn microwaves,seems like no matter what no brand is good enough,right?
Visonic 4K is same as MA audio 4K. They make rated power @ 18V and like to catch fire a lot (I've seen a few catch fire). As far as I know the only reason people around here used that amp is because it counted as 50W in USACi.

There are good amps and there's junk. There's time tested reliable boards and there's boards that have proven to be prone to failure. Spend your money how you like, I had to learn the hard way (read expensive way) myself. In 4 clamp tests when you get those amps installed.

Visonic 4K is same as MA audio 4K. They make rated power @ 18V and like to catch fire a lot (I've seen a few catch fire). As far as I know the only reason people around here used that amp is because it counted as 50W in USACi.
There are good amps and there's junk. There's time tested reliable boards and there's boards that have proven to be prone to failure. Spend your money how you like, I had to learn the hard way (read expensive way) myself. In 4 clamp tests when you get those amps installed.
Come on man, i've seen all the big competitors to the small guys in the lanes burn through amps to get the number using what they thought was the best at the time.Let's hear your description of the perfect spl system so we can all run it and be exactly the same? Jeez!

No man, obviously you didn't read the whole thread, those amps were there and they were dirt cheap, they are **** good daily driver thumpers no matter what you think.

Quit avoiding my question, i wanna know what you want me to run in street 1-2 so that i'll never break down and win the world title, cuz i'm breakin' out the visa if you have the answer to all my spl problems.

Come on man, i've seen all the big competitors to the small guys in the lanes burn through amps to get the number using what they thought was the best at the time.Let's hear your description of the perfect spl system so we can all run it and be exactly the same? Jeez!
I told you, the popular Korean 5K boards are quite reliable (with the exception of the Ascendend Audio "The Fix"). There'a about 3 different boards under 10 or 12 different brand names and they all do great things. Really if you don't mind breaking amps frequently don't worry about the big amps, most of them make rated power when they work, but all the guys up here who have used Soundstream gain big when they dump them get get good equipment.

I told you, the popular Korean 5K boards are quite reliable (with the exception of the Ascendend Audio "The Fix"). There'a about 3 different boards under 10 or 12 different brand names and they all do great things. Really if you don't mind breaking amps frequently don't worry about the big amps, most of them make rated power when they work, but all the guys up here who have used Soundstream gain big when they dump them get get good equipment.
The Fix is made by Addictive Audio

http://www.addictive-audio.com/products/the-fix-series/

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used both brands for years and have had no problems,sorry for your closed minded opinion directed at car audio, i hope you find it in your soul some day to look at the positive realities of this sport and the gear we use in it.

Go my son,be at peace. Ohm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.