I think my tweets are acting weird

Participant count
  • Participant list

Buck
5,000+ posts

little alien on campus
i got 4 boston SL80s. the tweets seem to cut out when its loud but then i can turn it back down and they come back on again.

either that or i just stop hearing them bc i just started playin my music loud. sometimes i think i hear them but other times i dont.

i really don't know what is happening i just dont wana blow my speakers

Disconnect the speaker from the crossover then, or will it cut power to the tweeter? Are these the ones you have? If so i dont see any inputs, just the pos and neg coming from the crossover and onto the speaker.

h065SL80.jpeg

Disconnect the speaker from the crossover then, or will it cut power to the tweeter? Are these the ones you have? If so i dont see any inputs, just the pos and neg coming from the crossover and onto the speaker.
h065SL80.jpeg
yea thats what i have. the tweeter and crossover are connected in the same spot and there is no where to disconnet the tweet from the crossover. can crossovers heat up?

yea thats what i have. the tweeter and crossover are connected in the same spot and there is no where to disconnet the tweet from the crossover. can crossovers heat up?
Humm that *****. You could still disconnect your subs and try to listen to them. You should be able to tell if a tweeter cuts out or not, especially at high volumes. You could try the paper trick as well. Run a decent length piece of paper through the gaps where your tweeter is. Play it without your subs on and see if the paper is vibrating. If and when you think it cuts out feel that paper again to see.

Humm that *****. You could still disconnect your subs and try to listen to them. You should be able to tell if a tweeter cuts out or not, especially at high volumes.
well i dont have my sub yet. and my ears seen to kind of shut down or something after long exposure to the sound. so idk i'll have to listen to them. could it be the crossover on my amp?

well i dont have my sub yet. and my ears seen to kind of shut down or something after long exposure to the sound. so idk i'll have to listen to them. could it be the crossover on my amp?
Yes your slopes could have something to do with it. You could try to put your settings back to flat and see what the crossover on the speaker does.

Read my other post again, i added some info to try and help ya.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.