I think I have a problem....

Clifff150
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
So I just purchased an Adire Brahma 12 as they are 25% off with free shipping. I’ve wanted one for over 15 years and finally drank enough to pull the trigger. I have an SSA Icon I need to use as well. I also bought a second set of SI TM 65 MKIII’s yesterday. I think I have a problem

you definitely have a problem. You should drunk buy stocks/real estate instead.
My goal is to learn as much as I can the next few months and start dabbling in stocks. I need to get better at investing my money and stop relying on companies to do it for me.

Real estate here is crazy. We bought our home for $160k in 2016 and it’s now worth over $220k. My father in law and I were dead set on buying and selling homes as we can remodel everything ourselves but the margins here are so slim it’s crazy. My other father in law is a great business man and he won’t even touch real estate here because you really can’t make enough for it to be worth it (unless you have tons of capital and can afford to sit on it for a while).

My goal is to learn as much as I can the next few months and start dabbling in stocks. I need to get better at investing my money and stop relying on companies to do it for me.

Real estate here is crazy. We bought our home for $160k in 2016 and it’s now worth over $220k. My father in law and I were dead set on buying and selling homes as we can remodel everything ourselves but the margins here are so slim it’s crazy. My other father in law is a great business man and he won’t even touch real estate here because you really can’t make enough for it to be worth it (unless you have tons of capital and can afford to sit on it for a while).
actually there's a really good method to do real estate especially when houses are that cheap. Its called the BRRRR method (buy, rehab, rent, refinance, repeat) which requires full cash purchase of a home that needs major(but cheap) repairs for far under market value in a neighborhood that has high property value. You'll rehab the home to proper conditions, rent out the home, do a cash out refinance and get all your money back, then repeat the process. Every time you'll be getting all your capital back to close on a new deal. Within one year you can expect to own 3 houses on average steadily increasing your cash flow to the point where you'll need a proper property management team. within 10 years you should be seeing 30 properties or you can consolidate and sell all properties with a 10-31 exchange to defer taxes into a big apartment complex instead for better margins and less management.

Also you can do creative financing or use hard money lenders to get you through your first house, you can pay back in full after the cash out refinance and keep the difference while owning the property aka using other people's money to make money resulting in an infinite ROI. The negotiations will be based on how good of a deal you get on the property so securing the financing shouldn't be too hard. Drawbacks to this method is no banks will give you a loan on an uninhabitable property which eliminates most of the best deals that you can make big money on with the rehab.

If you have audible, I can send you a free bigger pockets audiobook (that i already bought but i can share to friends) on that strategy, its about 13 hours long but you can learn a **** ton.

Last edited:
Ny father flipped houses from the late 80s to about 2013 finding good deals in good areas here in st.louis is slim. You can however buy a 4,000 sq ft all brick crack house in north city (murder capital) for $1 from the city if you buy it to actually live in it....

Pics or it didn't happen

Ok so technically I was wrong about 66 in one room. 2 are serving home theatre duty, 8 are on shelves in the basement which leaves 56 in the extra bedroom.
20201002_185439.jpg20201002_185429.jpg

20201002_185306.jpg

not sure why this site is turning the last one sideways, the orientation is correct elsewhere.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.