I think i get it this time... how about this system?

xenobreak
10+ year member

NewYork
I made a noob topic a long while ago about a beginner system but never actually got anything. I had no idea what i was talking about and did not have the money at the time.

I have learned a bit since then but I'm still a big noob to car audio. I'm thinking about this setup here and wanted some opinions. I'm pretty sure they are compatible products but that's why I'm making this topic lol, just to make sure.

Subs: two Kicker CompVR 07CVR122 12-Inch 2-Ohm DVC

Amp: Phoenix Gold Ryval V8001 1600-Watt Monoblock

Total comes out to $284.86 shipped

Seems pretty good to me but if i can get better for cheaper please let me know :p

I know used is always cheaper but I'm one of those people who has "issues" with used things. It just bothers me that someone else has had it before me >.

250 for subs and an amp really limit you man...you'd probably be better off just getting one sub. You could get a 12" Type R and a decent (used) 500 watt monoblock for under 250.

EDIT: For an actual example, I got a brand new Type R for $150 (i think...it's been awhile) and a 500 watt Memphis amp for $100, built my own box (probably another 30-40 in materials) and it sounds pretty **** nice

What exactly is wrong with the amp i posted anyways? It does have just the right wattage for those subs... are you sure you just don't hate the brand?

If your not going to listen to any of the advice on here, why did you post to begin with?

We're telling you, you'd be much better off just ******* it up and buying used!

I'm just asking you to explain what wrong with what i posted instead of just saying "Eh, you could definitely do better on the amp..." because that tells me nothing. As far as i know based on the numbers they will work together. I'm not trying to act mean btw, i just like explanations (its how i learn more) D:

Phoenix just isn't that great of a brand, and the ratings they put on that amp were the "max" ratings, which is pretty much code for "this amp will never hit these numbers"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.