I THINK I blew another subwoofer!

[quote name='NSTALN']Well that's just foolish then. Spend $xxx on a nice piece is equipment, but don't bother to take the time to learn about proper use.
Alpine provides the unit and comprehensive instructions on using said equipment...what more do you need, an Alpine rep reading it to you as well?! How can you **** and moan about how to use your head unit...when you won't even look in the manual to find out how to use your head unit.[/QUOTE]
@NSTALN sent ya a PM

Well that's just foolish then. Spend $xxx on a nice piece is equipment, but don't bother to take the time to learn about proper use. Alpine provides the unit and comprehensive instructions on using said equipment...what more do you need, an Alpine rep reading it to you as well?! How can you **** and moan about how to use your head unit...when you won't even look in the manual to find out how to use your head unit.
It's NOT INTUITIVE or CORRECTLY LABELED!! On/Off should be labeled and momentary. And a push and hold for 2 second gets you to all the "source" functionality, AFTER you RTFM!!!

Can you tell I'm educated as a computer engineer and a large part of software interface design is USABILITY! About which I know quite a bit, I worked for IBM for 7 years right out of school in 1995!

John Kuthe...

Can you tell I'm educated as a computer engineer...

John Kuthe...
Let's see...blown at least one sub (maybe two), can't get your DSP to come on via remote wire, can't figure out DSP to the point where you fantasized about rewriting the software, and now you can't figure out how to turn on your HU (literally THE most basic fuction)...did I forget anything? Oh yeah after 'correctly' wiring up your amps they were getting really hot...WITHOUT even being presented a load!

So answering your query...No, I cannot tell you're educated.

Noooo the special one is you. I can turn on/off all my electronics successfully. Can you?
Most of the time yes, sometimes ther on/off switch is kinda hidden like on the old upright vacuum I found in a basement, fixed and now I have a good upright vacuum! Stupid thing has it's on/off switch along side the upright bag holder thing, a DUMB place for it!! Hard to turn on and off!

Of course that's just a physical switch, but all these computerized things are stupid! Like my thermostat in my house which has a DELAY between throwing the blower switch and actually starting the blower! WHY??!!! Because it's ************!! All this computerized crap is ************!! Paying more moments of time paying attention to ITSELF than to it's Owner/User!

Stupid!

John Kuthe...

power_button_symbol.png

Giant green button with the power button symbol on it. Holy crap, you'd almost think Papermaker is an engineer by comparison.

It's NOT INTUITIVE or CORRECTLY LABELED!! On/Off should be labeled and momentary. And a push and hold for 2 second gets you to all the "source" functionality, AFTER you RTFM!!!
Can you tell I'm educated as a computer engineer and a large part of software interface design is USABILITY! About which I know quite a bit, I worked for IBM for 7 years right out of school in 1995!

John Kuthe...
Computer engineer who became a nurse and still failed and got fired?
Im listening....

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.