I THINK I blew another subwoofer!

come on man u don't know how to press and hold the source button (or something similar) to power down?, stop buying alpine #1 ..
My old Alpine head unit was sweet and VERY intuitive to control and use! This one not so much, not at all! :-( And there's no little printed "on/off press". NOTHING! You gotta READ THE MANUAL!! Which I do not have while I'm driving! :-(

John Kuthe...

PWR=power=turn on stereo. OR...

Srce=Source= turns on stereo.

On/Off= same dam thing...turns on/powers on stereo.

ALL are the same, just labeled diff.

Epic. Took my sleeping meds so took me a second but if that case I bet the subwoofer was blown in the leaf. And he used protection from fossil fuels in the process

Either that or I hit some random control on my new Alpine head unit that shuts OFF the subwoofer!! Entirely possible!! I DID hit some random control that set the MP3 FOLDER name to be displayed permanently on the display!! Which I can't find deliberately because the NEW Alpine head units are STUPIDLY laid out with control buttons!!!! Or I should say the LACK thereof!!
NO ON/OFF BUTTON!! That *I* can find! :-(

John Kuthe...

The button is usually physically labeled as 'source' on the HU. Not knowing what model you have I can't tell you specifically...but the owners manual probably could. I suspect it's one of the first things covered in the manual. Most likely under 'powering up the unit'.

Pay me 50 bucks and I'll tell you where your power on/off button is.....since I know you prefer to pay people to figure out things for you than figure it out for yourself. Too incompetent.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

The button is usually physically labeled as 'source' on the HU. Not knowing what model you have I can't tell you specifically...but the owners manual probably could. I suspect it's one of the first things covered in the manual. Most likely under 'powering up the unit'.
Shhh...don't tell him. He can't read!!

Pay me 50 bucks and I'll tell you where your power on/off button is.....since I know you prefer to pay people to figure out things for you than figure it out for yourself. Too incompetent. 

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Shhh...don't tell him. He can't read!!
I should NOT HAVE TO READ to turn the unit on and off!

John Kuthe...

PWR=power=turn on stereo. OR...
Srce=Source= turns on stereo.

On/Off= same dam thing...turns on/powers on stereo.

ALL are the same, just labeled diff.
My Clarion is labeled SRC..same thing as power on/off

FJ5N3Kb.jpg

I should NOT HAVE TO READ to turn the unit on and off!
John Kuthe...
Well that's just foolish then. Spend $xxx on a nice piece is equipment, but don't bother to take the time to learn about proper use.

Alpine provides the unit and comprehensive instructions on using said equipment...what more do you need, an Alpine rep reading it to you as well?! How can you **** and moan about how to use your head unit...when you won't even look in the manual to find out how to use your head unit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.