I Need Serious Help!!!

TsX-Euro-R
10+ year member

I have 2 amps (JL audio 300/4 and 1000/1)...My bass sounds great but my mids and highs sound like crap...My Hu is a pioneer avh-p7500 and I have two 6.5" Pioneer premier rev Coaxials and two 6x9 Pioneer premier 4-way...I would love to hear anyone's suggestion on what speakers should I get and If I should run components..Thanx

I'm guessing that it's either crappy speakers that are in the front or the equalizer settings in the hu are wrong...If I were to get component speakers, what brand do you recommend?

What do you think of the Focal 165K3P - K2 Power 6-1/2" Three-Way Component System??? and should I leave the 6x9's and also should I place speakers in the back doors also?

I've actually heard great things about the Rev series, but that was the only Pioneer coaxes that got good reviews....Like the other guy was asking, what EXACTLY do you not like?

Are the highs too much, too bright, harsh, laid back, what??

Same w/the mids...not enough midbass, no drum kick, exactly what's wrong?

As for the rears, 4 ways is probably too much. Depending on how everything's setup, those could be messing things up. Many prefer to leave out the rears for imaging/staging purposes but something like a decent 2 way in the rear would be sufficient I would imagine....That's what I'm running, primarily for rear fill (off the HU) and for rear passengers...

Also, you mentioned the HU/EQ settings...work with those or let us know where they are now. You may have some freqs overboosted or something....I know on my Pioneer HU, adjusting the Q and leaving the fancy EQ functions alone really helped my front stage....

Jeremy

When I turn the volume to 20, the highs sound very distorted and I have the input sensitivity on all channels set to half...On the hu/eq, I have the front high at +12db at 12.5khz, the mid at +12db at 2.5khz and the low at -12db at 200hz. I have the rear high at +10db at 12.5khz, the mid at +12db at 2khz and the low at -8db at 63hz. The hu crossover is set to 100hz front and rear and 80hz at the sub. Are these settings wrong? also I listen to mostly hip hop and reggae. Thanx

set everything to 0. cut the frequencies you don't need. add as very little as possible. you shouldn't have to turn the bass to -12 if they're crossed over at 100hz... that's a pretty high xover point, unless those speakers absolutely **** and won't handle any midbass at all...

turn down those high requencies. that is why they are distorting. i'd get a set of comps, bridge that amp, set the xover at 80 hz. hp, 80 hz lp for sub and you are set. set the eq to flat and adjust as little as possible

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.