I need new sub(s).

Ninesvnsicks
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So I got rid of my 2 sa-12's so I'm trying to decide what to replace them with. I will be using my aq2200d so I would like to get a couple 15's or a really good single 15-18" I want to get something that will not be under powered after box rise and all that jazz so I will have clean unclipped power. What do you guys think would be good for SQL? I am definately looking to go as loud as possible but I don't want it to sound like crap either.

then look at the chaos woofers
hehe they do look nice, do you know if their dual 1ohms actually rest at 1 or is it more like .75ohms? I do see they say "0.75 Ω / 1.5 Ω" on ssa and wow 891W/1m sensitivity very nice. So far I like these the best.

Yea one monster dc xl 18" would be awesome haha. Although I wonder what size box I could fit in the back of my jeep I'll probably have to take the spare tire out or just wait til I get a new vehicle but I miss my bass already.

that amp should have been fine for SA's unless you have horrible box rise....
I must have because the amp would still clip and my voltage wasn't dropping under 13, unless my ground isn't good but I'd have more problems then that wouldn't I?

blinking or solid red light on the indicator? Did you try turning down sub level on the HU some as that can make the amp clip much faster then normal if it's too high.

I've done several set ups with 2 15" SDC's off a single AQ1200 and they slammed, so I can't believe the 2200 wouldn't power 2 SA's quite well.

SDC's would work well in 8-8.5cubes net if you have the room, tuned to 35Hz they'll slam on the lows and still get respectably loud.

Wow "Spl: 94.0dB 1W/1m | 93.8dB" what size box is recommended for that beast?

blinking or solid red light on the indicator? Did you try turning down sub level on the HU some as that can make the amp clip much faster then normal if it's too high.
I've done several set ups with 2 15" SDC's off a single AQ1200 and they slammed, so I can't believe the 2200 wouldn't power 2 SA's quite well.

SDC's would work well in 8-8.5cubes net if you have the room, tuned to 35Hz they'll slam on the lows and still get respectably loud.
The clipping light would come on when I they would start sounding loud. I keep the sub level at 0db the deck goes from -15db - +15db so I just keep it flat. They did messure 1.2ohms in parallel so that plus box rise and I definitely wasn't getting the 2200wrms.

Single 15 would do very well. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
SSA perhaps?
So far I'm leaning toward 2 ascendant chaos, dc or ssa. I'd like 2 15's but a single 15 or 18 would also be good depends if I can fit a box big enough for 2 15's in my jeep. Just out of curiousity what would you charge for a basic no flush mount dual 15 or single box?

I will probably wait for spring tho because it's cold and snowing here I don't like the idea of condensation in the subs. Has anyone had winter ruin their subs?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.