I need more bump, recommendations

that wasnt a bad price for that setup really. and yeah, you arent getting much power with 8 guage. i like the diamonds alot better than the new SE's. if you could find a used se from a few years back that is in good shape, it might be a different story. you will go over $1000 easy tring to run 2000 rms. 0 guage, or preferably even larger power and ground, ho alty, second battery. not to mention sound deadener and possibly some amped front components when you find out that you have only bass.

to run 2krms you'd want a nice alternator. 200amps should be fine. Then also a big Low ESR battery. Such as a large Kinetic or something similar. also 2 runs of 0 gauge.
Probably looking at $600-800 to get the charging system perfected. Then 300-600 for an amp. Then obviously the subs themselves.

I like my pm'd idea better ha.
I have a stock 160amp alt 1 4awg run and 2 deep cycle batts " I recharge them" and a swissaudio sdx2000c " I payed $200" everything was free HU boxs RCA's 4awg and all! did a 144.3 =p

The best I found was an alpine mrp m2000 which says 1200 watts at 4 ohms. Is there something I don't understand here??
if you want to stay on a budget, keep the amp you already have, buy 2 type r 12's dual 4, get a second battery with an upgrade to 0 guage power and ground, get an enclosure at about 2.2 cubes at 35hz. you'll be loud. type r's are just a decent cheap recommendation, not required.

if you want to stay on a budget, keep the amp you already have, buy 2 type r 12's dual 4, get a second battery with an upgrade to 0 guage power and ground, get an enclosure at about 2.2 cubes at 35hz. you'll be loud. type r's are just a decent cheap recommendation, not required.
You mean 2.2cubes each yeah?

Go with your amp, 0 gauge, my sub recommendation, and about 3.5cubic feet at 34hz. You'll be good to go.

What about one 12? like an mtx 9500? I could get one in a sledgehammer box for 235. Would you still take two Type Rs over these? Plus, the new Rs are rated at 600 RMS. Do you mean the ones before those?

2 12's has twice the surface area. Would be on the same power (600+600=1200). Would be louder though take up a little more space.

The previous type-r 12's were 500rms ea.

@ 1 ohm you have 1200rms. Use it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

just bump it................. why dont you try one of those 15w3s ported.???? the small sealed box is REALLY whats holdn you back..... the amp is overated also.

just bump it................. why dont you try one of those 15w3s ported.???? the small sealed box is REALLY whats holdn you back..... the amp is overated also.
Just one 15 ported could get louder than the 2 15s sealed? Hmm. Box specs on a ported one? Or maybe you could find one that I should buy?

Also to the 2 15 Rs, I would like to not have 2 15s cause in my contour I don't think I have the room for them. To get 2.2 cubes each. its limited space. I'd have to have a box made or something maybe.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.