I need help...

Participant count
  • Participant list

xScotty

I am a noob

So I have a recently purchased a Toyota Corolla se 2017...I have no experience what so ever with speakers/car audio. All I know is that I play the music at max volume all the time and would like it and the bass to be louder. Can someone help me pick out some a affordable speaker system, or whatever i need to make it all louder bass and treble. Hopefully it is not more than 200$???

Thanks,

Scotty

I am a noob
So I have a recently purchased a Toyota Corolla se 2017...I have no experience what so ever with speakers/car audio. All I know is that I play the music at max volume all the time and would like it and the bass to be louder. Can someone help me pick out some a affordable speaker system, or whatever i need to make it all louder bass and treble. Hopefully it is not more than 200$???

Thanks,

Scotty
#1 normally not good to play at full volume on hu 80% max is the norm (less likely to distort sound) for $200 u could get some cheap tweeters and smallish sub/amp and wires but u would have to pay to install it too (i'd guess).. what u need is at least a 4 channel amp power front speakers off 2 channels bridge the 2 to 12" sub be lots better than what u have but that would be about $400 + labor..

That is a really small budget. To be honest, I think the best suggestion I could give you, would be to keep an eye out for wherever someone is selling used equipment locally, craigslist or maybe facebook. Ask around for friends, try the local wrecking yards. If you don't know how to install equipment, you can not afford what most shops would charge to do anything. Some places have $1/free install, you might be able to find a small amp, or maybe even get a good deal on a used Subwoofer with enclosure or other equipment. Holidays are often good times to find deals, upcoming is St.patricks day in 3 weeks, Easter in 6 weeks, and July 4th will be a big sale day.

I do think your best chance though is finding someone getting rid of an entire system, (amp, speakers, wiring, maybe subwoofer with enclosure, maybe head unit), and just ask them if they will help you install it, (wont hurt). Don't expect to talk someone down if you are needing there help to install, when most shops charge almost mechanic rates.

Sounds like you need a amp. A 2 channel amp would power your speakers, a 3 channel amp would power speakers and a sub. A subwoofer and enclosure with wiring, your budget suggests looking for used.

In the meantime:

I would find out if your factory head unit has outputs so you can add an amp, or if you need to upgrade your head unit. Also start researching about how to install. Its really not that difficult.

If you feel comfortable installing it, or have a friend who can help, and can come up just a little. Speakers $40$-75.... amp $60-$100.... subwoofer $50-$100, (box another $25-$40, wiring $20).... head unit $50-$75.... These would be for NEW prices, but about the cheapest of stuff I could think of. You can find a little cheaper, but this is already going to be really basic..

Just ran across this. This place usually has some good sales. https://www.frys.com/ads/page106

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.