I need help

So i currently built a wall in my car and have about 13 cu ft for 2 zv5 15s. I know they push alot of air so i decided to go with 3 4" aero ports. I would like to know since the subs are behind the seats where the best port position would be. Should i do them out the side of the box so they aim torwards the back side doors, or in front of the box in the middle by the subs?

Thank yuo

Well whats the best that i can do with 3 4" ports? ive used their calculator and it says that each 4" port should be around 6" long for a tuning of 32hz.

Thanks again

would it be best to cut them short? long? anything helps brother. im new to box building so i appreciate everything

Well whats the best that i can do with 3 4" ports? ive used their calculator and it says that each 4" port should be around 6" long for a tuning of 32hz.
Thanks again

theres a lot more to it than just tuning at your desired frequency. im no pro at box building, someone correct me if im wrong but port area comes into play big time. you can tune at 32 hz but if your port area aint right its gna sound like ****. with aero ports stay between 10-12 sq in of port per cube, with slot port 12-16. im old school, I use torres for my builds

would it be best to cut them short? long? anything helps brother. im new to box building so i appreciate everything
theres a lot more to it than just tuning at your desired frequency. im no pro at box building, someone correct me if im wrong but port area comes into play big time. you can tune at 32 hz but if your port area aint right its gna sound like ****. with aero ports stay between 10-12 sq in of port per cube, with slot port 12-16. im old school, I use torres for my builds

Thanks again

3 4" aeros huh?.. 13ft3 wall for a pair of ZV5-15' s...

You do videos huh?.. sounds like there might be more than a port area issue here... lol

Thanks again

cool you reached tuning but you are choking the fk out of your subs and it cant breathe nor cool down properly along with having a fk ton of port noise. Learn the science behind an enclosure plz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.