Focal K2 placement in 2007 Camry - angled mounts?

Participant count
  • Participant list

acprkit

I just purchased the Focal K2 set, which includes a tweeter and 4 inch woofer. I will be putting them in the front doors of a 2007 Toyota Camry. The issue is that the door speaker is located in the bottom of the door towards the firewall - so the speakers fire into the transmission, pretty much.

I was thinking that I could placate the issue by angling the speakers when I mount them. I would make fiberglass mounts so they would fire at a 15 degree angle, towards the listener.

What do you think/is there a better solution?

I just purchased the Focal K2 set, which includes a tweeter and 4 inch woofer. I will be putting them in the front doors of a 2007 Toyota Camry. The issue is that the door speaker is located in the bottom of the door towards the firewall - so the speakers fire into the transmission, pretty much.
I was thinking that I could placate the issue by angling the speakers when I mount them. I would make fiberglass mounts so they would fire at a 15 degree angle, towards the listener.

What do you think/is there a better solution?
THat would be fine. what you should do is build temporary enclosures and try different speaker placments. mess with it and fine the best angle that gives you the best imagining....

Once you find that, make sure you deadenr the pannels and maybe use closed cell foam to help smooth out peaks. Tweeters, same deal, try different tweeter placments to find the sweet spot.

that car has a factory 6x9 in the doors. are you leaving these and adding the 4" and tweet? if so, you don't want the 4" to share airspace with the 6x9 or it'll pressurize and distort.

kicks are your best locations for the 4". you want to increase path lengths to bring the PLD's together. 4's in the kicks are pretty easy to achieve. tweeters up in the apillars are a no-brainer. raises the sound stage to ear-height. you want tweeters near ear-height and not aimed at glass.

or you could mod the dash to accept the 4's. that could work out well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.