I need help purchasing an Amp.

Participant count
  • Participant list

TenguC

Recently I bought a pair of Polk Audio DXI 460P Speakers for my doors and a pair of Kenwood KFC-6993PS speakers for my back. The door speakers can handle 50 Watts RMS and the back speakers can handle 120 Watts RMS. I am looking for an Amplifier to power them.

I have come up with a few different Amps that I am considering.

1. (My first choice) An MB Quart Discus amp that is going for 83.47 on Amazon.

Amazon.com: MB Quart Discus DSC450 200 Watt A/B Class 4-Channel…

I have heard MB Quart makes good Amplifiers and this seems to suit my needs, but I have also heard some bad things about Mb Quart as well.

2. A Refurbished Rockford Fosgate R300-4 that is going for 114.95. It can produce 50 watts RMS to four channels at 4 ohms.

Amazon.com: Rockford Fosgate Prime R300-4 300 Watt Multi Channel Amplifier: Electronics

3. A Kicker 08ZX200.4 amp for 99.99 with free shipping on Crutchfield. It can only produce 35 watts RMS.

Kicker 08ZX200.4 4-channel car amplifier — 35 watts RMS x 4 at Crutchfield.com

4. (My absolute last choice due to price.) An Alpine MRP-F300. It can do 50 watts to all four channels but will also cost me the most money.

Amazon.com: Alpine MRP-F300 - Amplifier - V-Power - 4-channel: Automotive

I am almost broke from this audio adventure and the Amp is the last thing I am buying for now. Out of those can you please tell me which is the best and worth the money?

My budget is about $100. I have eliminated the Alpine and the Rockford and am only now looking at the Kicker and the MB. They are both 4 channel which is what I need.

Im just kind of worried though. I have heard some shady things about the Mb Quart Amp and read a few bad reviews. I have seen nothing wrong with the Kicker. The only thing I am worried about with the kicker is if it will put enough power to the speakers to be worth buying.

The Kicker is under rated. It should do somewhere around 240@4 bridged which is roughly 41x4@4. You wont hear an audible difference in output between the Kicker and the MB Quart.

And the kicker seems to have a slightly better warranty/customer support base...better quality...and a somewhat better rating of overall AQ. I am willing to pay the extra seventeen dollars for the Kicker if it is truly a better Amp. MB Quart seems to have tanked since it has been taken over by Maxxsonics.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.