I need help I'm lost!!!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

HI-C
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Las Vegas
Hello I have a 2010 Caddy cts 3.6l v6 I have a dc power 240 amp alt and a MLA module and still can't keep high voltage in my car I had both professionally installed, and to make sure that the install was done correct. I gave the shop MLA number he talked to the guy for the diagram and installed it ( how they recommend to install). My voltage cold when I start it is 14.8 and then move down to 13.8 and that's the highest it ever is. I watch the voltage move down to 13.1 and when heat is running its down to 12.8 and move back up to 13.8 and no higher only lower. I called MLA and they say its on the alt and I call dc power and they say it's MLA. I spend a lot of money on purchasing these products (MLA module and Alt) and that's not including the shops install( a lot of money). I need help on getting my voltage up. I want to thank anybody that can help or recommend some kind of solution.

sounds like the computer is controlling your voltage.

if so theres nothing you can do as its a fail-safe.

i would pull the mla and see what your alt. is putting out.

but in saying that 13.8v is good.

when im running hot im down to 14.4v but my truck doesn't control my voltage.

sounds like the computer is controlling your voltage.if so theres nothing you can do as its a fail-safe.

i would pull the mla and see what your alt. is putting out.

but in saying that 13.8v is good.

when im running hot im down to 14.4v but my truck doesn't control my voltage.
I thought the MLA would take care of that? that's why I purchased the module. Without the MLA its @ 13.2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.